Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Sky Club doesn't seem to be very pleasurable experience these days

Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Am I the only one?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
They've been adult day care centers ever since the BE Lounges were closed. I despise them.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by DLATL777
They've been adult day care centers ever since the BE Lounges were closed. I despise them.
In an ATL one. No seats, no Miller Lite, no Sweetwater.
Ask for a Corona gratis and denied. Other options complimentary.
Never knew wanting crap beer would be so hard (no disrespect to Sweetwater).
"Buffet" completely picked over. Not hungry so no biggie but a bad look.

Last edited by apodo77; Jul 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
JFK T4 is terrible during peak periods. No seats, trash everywhere. Stripped clean food bar. Same with the ATL E and F clubs too TBH. At least the JFK club lets you pick "premium" beer when the complimentary options inevitably run dry.

CVG and DCA are generally always great. Same with MSY and ATL T.

I'm hoping that DL opens up D1 lounges to compete with the UA Polaris lounges. I think there's space in ATL E, where the LH Senator lounge used to be. Not sure about JFK.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
Actually, I find them better now (several new sky clubs) and less crowded than let's say, five years ago, when they could be worse than just sitting at the gate.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:50 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If the value is not there why continue to pay?

If you get it free as a DM don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by fti

apparently ABS(new thread) >>> ABS(another post in Hall of Rants)

this is actually not a dig at OP; seems to be pretty much a truism around here lately
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fti

My company pays for it.
Will be Diamond soon for 2018 (first time) and will select another choice benefit.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
apparently ABS(new thread) >>> ABS(another post in Hall of Rants)

this is actually not a dig at OP; seems to be pretty much a truism around here lately
Maybe you and others disagree but complaining about an "exclusive" (do they use that term for SC? Hah) product that is paid for doesn't seem to be random or pathetic to me.
To each their own of course. :-)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
The only SCs I really despise is ATL A (both of them), RDU (a SkyCloset even with the "expansion", hard time finding a seat on a Mon), and JFK T4 (Huge but its hard to find a seat in the afternoon and food options are typically gone). I may be biased, but my favriote club is here in MCO. It's big and isn't too crowded in the afternoon even with the VS J Pax. It was recently refurbished with new carpet and furniture and they do a good job with replenishing food, and the staff is great (never had a problem).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Guess I'm spoiled by the BOS skyclubs. The main terminal side one can get busy during peak morning or afternoon shuttle times, but overall they are very nice.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
PDX, SAN, SEA, DEN, SLC...even both MSPs SCs are occasionally busy but nothing near some of the nastiness I'm reading. A post above about JFK T4 and ATL E&F is horrible. Trash everywhere, food bar stripped clean....lazy employees and/or terrible SC members I would never want to be around.

And yes I've been to many many lounges in US, Europe and Africa in my 35 years of flying.

Last edited by Saj8986; Jul 20, 2017 at 9:03 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Saj8986
PDX, SAN, SEA, DEN, SLC...even both MSPs SCs are occasionally busy but nothing near some of the nastiness I'm reading. A post above about JFK T4 and ATL E&F is horrible. Trash everywhere, food bar stripped clean....lazy employees and/or terrible SC members I would never want to be around.

And yes I've been to many many lounges in US, Europe and Africa Vera my 35 years of flying.
The MSP clubs can get bad too, but generally due to overcrowding, not lack of effort by staff. DL should have expanded both locations long ago.

Unfortunately my description of JFK T4 is not an exaggeration. I was there last Saturday and it was bad. No IRROPS, and not a peak travel day. There were no excuses.

I really think that DL should exclude Amex swipes at certain clubs during parts of the day. Namely when the evening international flights are scheduled. Like some PP lounges do. If someone flying on an expensive D1 fare can't find a seat, that's a big problem. At the very least, have a roped off area at JFK T4 and ATL E/F for D1 passengers.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jul 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
The MSP clubs can get bad too, but generally due to overcrowding, not lack of effort by staff. DL should have expanded both locations long ago.

Unfortunately my description of JFK T4 is not an exaggeration. I was there last Saturday and it was bad. No IRROPS, and not a peak travel day. There were no excuses.

I really think that DL should exclude Amex swipes at certain clubs during parts of the day. Namely when the evening international flights are scheduled. Like some PP lounges do. If someone flying on an expensive D1 fare can't find a seat, that's a big problem. At the very least, have a roped off area at JFK T4 and ATL E/F for D1 passengers.
Roping off an area would be a simple thing for them to do, similar to what Centurion lounges do for their Centurion card holders. Although I am sure there are more D1 Passengers then Centurion card holders lol. I personally think though that them opening a dedicated D1 lounge would be the best option, it would also make d1 a more premium product.

I wish delta would add first class though to their international routes to compete with European carriers like lufthansa.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by apodo77
"Buffet" completely picked over. Not hungry so no biggie but a bad look.
Did you ask why they were not sending someone over to one of the other 37 clubs in ATL to bring back a spare keg of beer?

I would have.

The key is to direct your request to an actual DL employee... not one of the contractor employees behind the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.