Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Calculator

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:25 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

MQM Calculator

Is there a place on the delta.com website that will allow me to get the exact MQMs for my upcoming trips? I am 13,000 miles away from Platinum 2018.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Nope. And from most accounts, the Delta estimates in the booking process are wrong. For a pretty good idea you can use this site:

http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I suggest simply using gcmap.com
(though round any sub 500 flights up to 500)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:07 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Found this site...

https://fly.qux.us/smcalc/
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:41 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SSF556
Found this site...

^

That's the one I use. I like the added fare calculation functionality (though I don't know if the current fare classes are correct but they can be easily adjusted).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by koreanair720
I suggest simply using gcmap.com
(though round any sub 500 flights up to 500)
You can tell GCmap to use a 500-mile minimum.

EG:
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?MS=wls2&D...&P=mem-atl-rdu

In the "Dist+Time" tab, just set the "Minimum" to whatever you want.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:36 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Note that on GCMap, if you are flying to DEN or MUC your numbers may be off by a few miles due to airport moves (Stapleton -> International, Reim -> Franz Joseph Strauss). This may also apply to AUS; I haven't flown there, so I can't confirm it.

To calculate the mileage that DL will give, use the ".old" suffix to the airport in GCMap. DEN.OLD-ATL-MUC.OLD is worth 6009 MQMs, but DEN-ATL-MUC will only show 5997.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I like this site for MQM's, single input string is really easy to use http://cwsi.net/calc/default.aspx
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So i was tempted to take a Economy comfort flight from HKG to SEA on DL as the fare isnjust right, but trying to figure out the system with DL is confusing at best

Messaging with DL twitter made it worse

So is there a way to calculate MQM?

Would be in fare code W

Is it 100% of flight miles or would there be a cabin bonus or how does it work?

I have flown DL once in 15 years so the way things work here is not so clear to me.

I appreciate your help on understanding this
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by SSF556
Found this site...

Agreed with others, I use that one all the time. Best one I have found.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by kauppias
So i was tempted to take a Economy comfort flight from HKG to SEA on DL as the fare isnjust right, but trying to figure out the system with DL is confusing at best

Messaging with DL twitter made it worse

So is there a way to calculate MQM?

Would be in fare code W

Is it 100% of flight miles or would there be a cabin bonus or how does it work?

I have flown DL once in 15 years so the way things work here is not so clear to me.

I appreciate your help on understanding this
C+ on DL earns economy MQMs (100%). Only Y or B economy fares and business fares earn bonus MQMs.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwoman
C+ on DL earns economy MQMs (100%). Only Y or B economy fares and business fares earn bonus MQMs.
P, A, G premium economy fares also earn a 50% MQM bonus. At one point, DL was using the W fare class for premium economy class on VS, AF, and AZ flights and those particular W fares earned a 50% MQM bonus. This is perhaps where the confusion stems from. They have now fully switched to using P, A, G fares for all premium economy class cabins and W fares are used exclusively by DL for C+. The other point of confusion is that third party booking sites all pretty much lump together DL W Comfort+ fares and P/A/G premium economy fares under "premium economy".

The section on bonus MQM's on DL coded flights is located on this webpage -- https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...o-qualify.html

"BONUS MQMS
When you book a higher fare class, you’ll be rewarded with even more MQMs. Full fare First and Business Class tickets (F, J fares) are eligible for a 100% MQM bonus. Discounted First, Delta Premium Select, Business, and Premium Main Cabin tickets (P, A, G, C, D, I, Z, Y, and B fares) are eligible for a 50% MQM bonus. Purchased upgrades are eligible for bonus MQMs based on the class of service flown."
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
You can use the Delta app or website

Go as if you were booking a new flight, select the segments, and when you get to the confirmation screen it gives of a summary of earned miles at the bottom

I use the unofficial one posted above for estimates but use the delta site way when I want to be exact
esc2476 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by StangGT909
You can use the Delta app or website

Go as if you were booking a new flight, select the segments, and when you get to the confirmation screen it gives of a summary of earned miles at the bottom

I use the unofficial one posted above for estimates but use the delta site way when I want to be exact
Thanks, I did not see a estimate on the delta site when Inwas looking. i will try again. Assuming 1mile flown in W (economy comfort) is 1mqm?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
Thanks, I did not see a estimate on the delta site when Inwas looking. i will try again. Assuming 1mile flown in W (economy comfort) is 1mqm?
You have to be logged-in and select a complete itin in order to see the estimated earnings. Yes, as already mentioned, all DL W fares earn 100% MQM's with no bonus as they are now all exclusively Comfort + class of service (DL no longer calls it Economy Comfort).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.