What terminal at LGA

Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
What terminal at LGA

We're on flight 5956 LGA/MYR 8/19, return 5879. Embraer 175 out, 170 return. I need to know if it's Terminal A or B for these flights to arrange transportation. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
None of the above. Terminal A is the Marine Air Terminal and only used for Shuttle flights to/from ORD at DCA. Delta doesn't operate from Terminal B at LGA.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:02 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It's going to be terminal C or D.

I don't think you'll be able to find out much before the morning of your flight, but, what's the difference, really? I'm in the limo business <tho, not in NYC>. You can just tell your driver which terminal when you're in the car. Even if you're dropped off at the wrong one, you can still check in there, and walk from one to the other after you go thru security - they're connected, and, it's maybe a 3 minute walk at most.

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 19, 2017 at 6:08 am
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thebat
We're on flight 5956 LGA/MYR 8/19, return 5879. Embraer 175 out, 170 return. I need to know if it's Terminal A or B for these flights to arrange transportation. Thanks.
Outbound or Return?

For arrival into LGA, every time I've arranged a car in NYC, I provide the flight number, and they show up at the right place (save for a last minute gate change which happens).

For leaving LGA, it really doesn't matter. You can check the flight number on the way to LGA and tell the driver, but even if you just pick one (C or D), they are connected airside by a walkway.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by scongro
Outbound or Return?

For arrival into LGA, every time I've arranged a car in NYC, I provide the flight number, and they show up at the right place (save for a last minute gate change which happens).

For leaving LGA, it really doesn't matter. You can check the flight number on the way to LGA and tell the driver, but even if you just pick one (C or D), they are connected airside by a walkway.
This,

You will know which terminal 2+ hrs before departure and even if it is switched at the last minute you can go through checkin and security at either terminal and there is a walkway between them.

Just pray you don't get gates C12 thru C14. That involves taking a bus from the terminal to the tarmac and walking up stairs to the plane.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

For all the great info. The reason I wanted to know was for car rental shuttles, they don't go to all the terminals. With all the uncertainty, I am just going to long term parking. Any great lots with good shuttle service? i have 5 people with me and baggage.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by thebat
For all the great info. The reason I wanted to know was for car rental shuttles, they don't go to all the terminals. With all the uncertainty, I am just going to long term parking. Any great lots with good shuttle service? i have 5 people with me and baggage.
Because of the construction at LGA, the Car Rental Shuttles do not go to the terminals. The shuttles go to a transfer point, usually at Terminal A and you change to an Airport Bus which takes you to the terminal. For Delta you use the RED LINE Bus. You need to allow extra time due to the additional bus. The RED LINE Bus goes from Terminal A to Terminal D and then Terminal C.
I recommend that you get off at Terminal D and clear security there. Terminal D has CLEAR while C doesn't. If your flight is from Terminal C it's a short walk with moving walkways. The Terminal D Sky Club is closer to gates up to C26 then the Terminal C Sky Club is. There's also a small Admirals Club in Terminal C. All of the gate areas are inadequate.

If you decide to use Long Term Parking, it's no longer Valet. You drive in and self park and then get the RED LINE Bus at the closest stop (they're all identifiable by the shelters. The Bus will go from Long Term Parking to Terminal A, then to D and then C.

Either way, use the 82nd St exit from the Grand Central Parkway and follow the signs.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jul 20, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperG1955

If you decide to use Long Term Parking, it's no longer Valet. You drive in and self park and then get the RED LINE Bus at the closest stop (they're all identifiable by the shelters. The Bus will go from Long Term Parking to Terminal A, then to D and then C.

Either way, use the 82nd St exit from the Grand Central Parkway and follow the signs.
Do the red buses come frequently or is there a long delay. Sorry to beat it to death but I've got kids with me who are PIAs. They are not going to stand out in the heat long.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've never waited over 10 minutes, even at 4 AM. The ride is about 10 minutes.

The Bus is not red in color. It has a sign which says RED ROUTE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.