Search

London DTW Mistreatment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
London DTW Mistreatment

Hello -

So my wife and her mother were flying from LHR to DTW on 7/17. They were flying on award tickets.

They were seated in 1b/1c.

Neither are frequent travellers and neither had any experience in business class.

My wife and her mother were served a solid frozen salmon for her entree.

Her complaints were met with a rude remark about 'this is how its done'. The stuard refused to proactively talk to them for the rest of the flight.

Now -

Im a regular FT'er, so I know that the common response is going to be that 'surely something's up - My wife/mother and law were rude etc.

I frankly don't see that as likely.

I will note that the rest of their meal was satisfactory. No other complaints about the flights - other than this particular male FA ignoring them.

I heard this upon their landing and lost my mind and called the DM line and demanded compensation - was awarded 35k miles for each of them (70k total). So thats more than satisfactory as it relates to compensaton.

--

HOWERVER - shouldn't this FA get feedback? How do I make sure that they hear about this?

This is my mother and law's first trip to london and I don't appreciate this kind of treatment in a premium cabin.

--

Can anyone give me constructive feedback? (Again - I want NO more miles/monetary compensation)

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Yes - tell Delta. Send a letter that says exactly that - you are satisfied that you have been compensated for a service failure but you want to bring the employee's conduct to management's attention. Then let it go. Delta will not publically flog their employee or do anything that you will find remotely satisfying. But you will have the satisfaction of having done your best to draw their attention to an employee whose conduct you believe warrants it - and that will have to be enough.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If you really want to let them know your displeasure, let Ann Coulter know what happened. She can add it on to her story.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You've aready contacted them once.

Doing do again won't help.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:18 am

Fill out the survey when you get it. Delta takes the surveys seriously and shares feedback in the comment section gives as much info as you can as to why you are giving low marks then move on. I find at times that people who rarely fly business have unrealistic expectations for food and service. Also I find that in the summer delta puts on much more international service with seasonal routes so you often get crews with less experience or slim to no international experience.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There hasn't been a "steward" for over 35 years, so I'll presume you meant flight attendant.

It goes without saying that if DL gave you 70K miles for someone else's unpleasant experience that it will or will not deal with the employee who caused the issue. Calling or writing again isn't going to do anything more.

Your relatives' contract was with DL and DL was the service-provider. What DL does with its employees is between DL and its employees.

The only further thing to do is to stop flying DL.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:35 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DCADeltaRoadWarrior
My wife and her mother were served a solid frozen salmon for her entree.
Couldn't be some sort of European specialty dish, could it?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This reminds me of the frozen green salad I got served on a UA flight a couple of years ago. I brought it to the attention of the FA and she just gave me a "what do you want me to do about it" look!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
OP - hopefully they took a picture of the frozen food. Although I find it hard to believe that frozen food was plated and served. Did they also try to call the Flight Leader a "stuard?" If so maybe that set him off.

Also, did you just yell at the DM Desk, or were their award tickets above saver level? I've never heard of the DM Desk giving this much comp, let alone half of a one way biz saver ticket, for an entree issue (yet they were served and ate everything else)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
This reminds me of the frozen green salad I got served on a UA flight a couple of years ago. I brought it to the attention of the FA and she just gave me a "what do you want me to do about it" look!
"Take it away and have the chef beaten!" Or can you only ask for that in International First?

2x 35K is pretty good. I think my personal record is 75K is comp miles from a single itinerary. They did double post one of the 25K comps, but I'm not complaining.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by motytrah
"Take it away and have the chef beaten!" Or can you only ask for that in International First?

2x 35K is pretty good. I think my personal record is 75K is comp miles from a single itinerary. They did double post one of the 25K comps, but I'm not complaining.
I would be happy to chew on a Delta D1 fish-cle for 35k SkyMiles x2
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Salmon popsicle isn't nice, but 70,000 miles is lieu of one part of the main course (which presumably could have been swapped for something else) is quite the result! Be happy that you came out ahead and have a good story to tell.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Couldn't be some sort of European specialty dish, could it?
Earlier this month, my D1 EU-USA flight did not have a salmon choice. IIRC the fish was cod, maybe with lentils or saffron rice.

However, for 70,000 RDMs, I might have chosen cold fish rather than overbooked beef.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:47 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I mean, 70k miles is great for the OP but he isn't the one that had to eat a frozen dinner
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Renes Points
I would be happy to chew on a Delta D1 fish-cle for 35k SkyMiles x2
Haha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.