Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reason for DL1631 diversion today (July 17)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel

Hi all,

Does anyone know why DL1631 from LAX to DCA diverted to MCI today? I'm on the return to LAX, and just curious if it was mechanical or what.

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
Hi all,

Does anyone know why DL1631 from LAX to DCA diverted to MCI today? I'm on the return to LAX, and just curious if it was mechanical or what.

Thanks!
Medical emergency with passenger.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
That's two diversions for that flight in the last week. Last Thursday to IAD due to weather.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeff767
Medical emergency with passenger.
Thanks very much. Just out of curiosity--is this from a publicly available source? I've never been able to find one.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
Thanks very much. Just out of curiosity--is this from a publicly available source? I've never been able to find one.
Doubtful you'll ever get a full answer unless you're on the flight or a diversion gets some media attention and DL has to make a statement...LAX/DCA may have someone with a big enough Twitter following to get a statement....and hopefully it's not about their seat being moved slightly
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kop84
Doubtful you'll ever get a full answer unless you're on the flight or a diversion gets some media attention and DL has to make a statement...LAX/DCA may have someone with a big enough Twitter following to get a statement....and hopefully it's not about their seat being moved slightly
Yeah, I figured. I just didn't know if flightstats or flightradar24 had some sort of diversion coding in the flight history.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.