Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - SYD in Coach

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - GM, MM; AS - MVP Gold
LAX - SYD in Coach

Sponsor (University) in Australia is paying my air fare - they bought me a very cheap ticket that does not appear to be upgradeable via miles or cash - except perhaps DC because I am lifetime Gold. So--- any ideas...should I keep the upgrade request in and hope for an aisle or window -OR just find the best appearing seat in coach and stay with it?

Long flight to be in the absolute back of the plane - thanks, Steven
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Wave your comfort request in, but get the best seat you can in economy and be prepared to sit in it. Depending on the season this flight routinely leaves with all seats full in delta one and comfort +. I've been in economy- as a diamond
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
FWIW, ive done this in coach... one of my best longhaul Y experiences in terms of comfort, entertainment options, etc. prob because the 777 is much nicer than 330 (IMHO) Good luck!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Best economy seat on DL 41?

Originally Posted by curl
FWIW, ive done this in coach... one of my best longhaul Y experiences in terms of comfort, entertainment options, etc. prob because the 777 is much nicer than 330 (IMHO) Good luck!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by curl
I can't see any reason why the 777 is much nicer than the A330, but that's just me...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I can't see any reason why the 777 is much nicer than the A330, but that's just me...
Wider, older-style seats. More padding.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Row 44.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.