Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 26SEPT17 Delta changed the MQD AMEX exempt requirements. $25,000 only exempts you to Platinum or lower. $250,000 spend needed across ALL the DL AMEX cards you hold (personal and business in your name) for Diamond exemption for 2019 elite year.

If all you are interested in is the discussion starting when the announcement occurred on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, start here.

The Delta announcement is here https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/news-and-updates.html

There are many data points that Delta will allow a one time exception under the 2017 qualification rules if you request this for the 2019 Medallion year.
Print Wikipost

Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MarkP24
What was each of your MQM and MQD if I can ask?
TBH quite a lot lower then last year, all my intl travel this year doesnt kick in till dec for Aus/Asia travel. may try again once thats all booked...
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
TBH quite a lot lower then last year, all my intl travel this year doesnt kick in till dec for Aus/Asia travel. may try again once thats all booked...
Gotcha
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
130K and 11K also getting close to the third MQM bonus on my reserve card. This has been the most MQDs I have ever had with Delta so hopefully they see my revenue KPI is going up. I also waited till my $3500 flight to Asia posted.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Skystreak
130K and 11K also getting close to the third MQM bonus on my reserve card. This has been the most MQDs I have ever had with Delta so hopefully they see my revenue KPI is going up. I also waited till my $3500 flight to Asia posted.
Yea, you definitely got me beat. Had i thought to push for an exemption earlier in the year, i would have made my boost thresholds, and flown a good bit more....I may dip to PM with some good rollover and then just push really hard next year to get all my work expenses on my personal card
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Skystreak
Gotcha. I thought you could only get 2 Reserve MQM bonuses a year?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Gotcha. I thought you could only get 2 Reserve MQM bonuses a year?
I don’t know if everyone who has a Reserve was given it, but AmEx/DL have offered a third MQM boost with the Reserve to at least some of us. I found it odd I was targeted because I’ve never even come close to a second boost, never mind a third.

One could also get a third boost if they had a personal Reserve on which they received two boosts and a then a Business Reserve where they got at least one boost.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

I don’t know if everyone who has a Reserve was given it, but AmEx/DL have offered a third MQM boost with the Reserve to at least some of us. I found it odd I was targeted because I’ve never even come close to a second boost, never mind a third.

One could also get a third boost if they had a personal Reserve on which they received two boosts and a then a Business Reserve where they got at least one boost.
I thought you can only get 2 boosts from all Reserve cards (both personal and business)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought you can only get 2 boosts from all Reserve cards (both personal and business)
It's really basically unlimited.

You can get two each from personal and business.

Then, since Reserve boosts can be gifted, you could get them from anyone else who has them.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by josephstern
It's really basically unlimited.

You can get two each from personal and business.

Then, since Reserve boosts can be gifted, you could get them from anyone else who has them.
It could be viewed as unlimited from the gifting perspective. You can get the boosts from a personal and business Reserve on your own. Then your wife for example can get personal and business cards. With four full boosts between the two of you, the gifting between each other can be done however you prefer it be done. But that's the limit between the two of you on your own. You can then get a Platinum and get another 50k boost. We have three Reserve cards between us (my two and her personal) plus one Platinum of mine. We share the miles so that I wind up DM and she winds up PM each year.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lrtalk
It could be viewed as unlimited from the gifting perspective. You can get the boosts from a personal and business Reserve on your own. Then your wife for example can get personal and business cards. With four full boosts between the two of you, the gifting between each other can be done however you prefer it be done. But that's the limit between the two of you on your own. You can then get a Platinum and get another 50k boost. We have three Reserve cards between us (my two and her personal) plus one Platinum of mine. We share the miles so that I wind up DM and she winds up PM each year.
The challenge with DM then is the MQD's
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I would still like to see an easily obscured screen shot for the account of someone who got the waiver.
pvn and jmgriffin like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bergamini
I would still like to see an easily obscured screen shot for the account of someone who got the waiver.
Its already been reported several months ago by reliable sources. Why the doubt?

Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:07 pm

Because I want to of course verify it but if it's true, then understand the context better like they had $200K in card spend or spent $1.00 CPM and had some rollover and were MM. All the things you blacked out which give insight into what customer metrics DL is going for when granting said waiver. There are variable experiences to it being allegedly granted and I want to understand what may be factoring into it, because I believe it to be more than HUCA luck.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bergamini
There are variable experiences to it being allegedly granted and I want to understand what may be factoring into it, because I believe it to be more than HUCA luck.
While that feels right to me, I'm not sure how much insight you'll be able to derive from a small handful of datapoints given likely problems with selection/reporting bias (e.g. for starters we'd also need data points from people who asked and were turned down)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
While that feels right to me, I'm not sure how much insight you'll be able to derive from a small handful of datapoints given likely problems with selection/reporting bias (e.g. for starters we'd also need data points from people who asked and were turned down)
Agreed, just wanted to see if there was some level of commonality. \

It also disappoints me that they are doing it because I'm a rule follower and so it feels a bit of a punishment. I am going to LON in December (personal) and would have been fine doing MKE>NYC>LHR in pure Y for $650 but instead bought MKE>SEA>LHR in VS PE for an extra $600. If I knew they were going to grant waivers I would have asked and bought the cheaper ticket and shorter routing if granted. It would almost make me feel better if I knew I wasn't in the segment that was granted waivers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.