Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP! Incident on Delta 1343 LAX - DTW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLEASE HELP! Incident on Delta 1343 LAX - DTW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanK81
For those wondering why it was fragile. There were eggs brought from Germany. Special Christmas eggs that are hollowed out, hand painted, and decorated.
Were they damaged at all?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:47 am

For those wondering why it was fragile. There were eggs brought from Germany. Special Christmas eggs that are hollowed out, hand painted, and decorated.
As a german I know that we have a tradition fo painted eggs at easter, but not at christmas. At Christmas we use painted balls made of thin glass to decorate f.e. the tree.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by craz
too much unknown, such as did the passenger put their carry-on wheels 1st or last or did they put the carry-on in the bins length wise taking up alot of space. btw I was recently on a few dL flights and the FAs were putting the carry-ons in wheels 1st and then on its side that way tons more of carry-ons can fit in
I had the same question. On a recent Icelandair flight I was seated near a three-generation family group of seemingly inexperienced flyers. The oldest man sat down in the middle seat next to mine holding his carry-on bag in his lap. Another family member told him to put it in the OHC. He did, but lengthwise. Then the rest of the family put theirs in lengthwise. I asked him if I could turn his to fit better, and when he didn't object - he may not have understood - I did so. Then all the rest of the family turned theirs the right way. But flyers on Icelandair are generally more laid-back than on some other airlilnes.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by pvn
Where do people get this stuff?

What's the threat here? Explain how a video leads to something bad happening.

OP: is your "friend" Ann Coulter?
LOL! Great response.

I do agree no threat on cockpit recording/phone but I have witness "Friendly Skies" grab a phone of a first class passenger to check if he was recording once. I did write them that is UnFriendly and sort of profiling based on the passenger's ethnicity but different issue. Just thought the airline have a soft authorization of SECURITY claim when they desire to impose it.

I do find it odd that the OP states OTHER WITNESSES exist - sort of sounds like an attorney. IF you are an attorney - please identify yourself as such so we stop feeding your slime.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
On fragile decorated eggs? A few tips/ideas -

Bubble wrap
Place items inside multiple heavy socks inside a hard shoe
Carry in your hand-luggage which goes underneath the seat
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I guess someone wants to get publicity like in the famous United case. Don't see the point why the luggage needs to be over her head; if they are so fragile keep them in your hand.

Fully understand that crew tries to avoid recording (I guess she had her phone out already) and in the end also the crew has personal rights.

IMHO an attempt to get money out of bad publicity.

Sorry!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I'm posting on behalf of someone who wants to remain anonymous currently.
why can't they post their own story? how much more anonymous does it get than a random frequent flyer nerd internet forum where we all hide behind made up screennames?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RooseveltL
LOL! Great response.

I do agree no threat on cockpit recording/phone but I have witness "Friendly Skies" grab a phone of a first class passenger to check if he was recording once. I did write them that is UnFriendly and sort of profiling based on the passenger's ethnicity but different issue. Just thought the airline have a soft authorization of SECURITY claim when they desire to impose it.

I do find it odd that the OP states OTHER WITNESSES exist - sort of sounds like an attorney. IF you are an attorney - please identify yourself as such so we stop feeding your slime.
UA has different rules about recording or taking photos than DL.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Over wins 😂😂
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Im getting the popcorn.

I'll get the beer. ^

David
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:47 am

So what OP wants us to believe is that the passenger is timid (But speaks loudly enough for the FA to hear), never sat down, (another hard to believe) and did nothing wrong??

Got it.

OP needs to go one EVERYONE'S IGNORE list ASAP!

I am sure calling the media with "no names" will get OP all kinds of publicity LOL!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
But the FA's name was Tanya! Now the whole thing MUST be true!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....I'm at the point where I'm about to call every news agency. .......
Let's quit speculating and just wait for six o'clock news.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Grog
Hence GagaPilot's statement that the Captain does have the ultimate (legal) responsibility. (A rather simple and universally held notion: one can delegate authority, not responsibility.)
Exactly. Delegation of tasks, in this case the decision to remove a potentially disruptive passenger, happens daily in line operations. Crew members work together as a team. We have to be able to rely on the decisions, actions, and judgements of each other.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
Originally Posted by ekozie
But the FA's name was Tanya! Now the whole thing MUST be true!
Wasn't that the name the Symbionese Liberation Army assigned to Patty Hearst when she participated in the bank robbery after her kidnapping?

Maybe we should follow that angle - that could solve the mystery.

If not, there is always the Illuminati.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.