Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
She's in the news and people are talking about her, so mission accomplished.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:50 am

If you check her Twitter, she's still posting about this. Insane.

The crazy part is that this is most likely Delta's fault, but she goes out of her way to take a photo and shame the lady, call the lady a "dachshund-legged woman", and then calls all Delta flight attendants "Nurse Ratchets." Ironic since she claims drama queens and snowflakes to be a major problem in the US.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Peter T.
Uh... No.

Maybe within 50 miles of a coastline (Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico), but definitely not three miles.
Originally Posted by us2
Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City. None of these is within 3 miles of a coastline and I'm pretty sure that these four cities alone represent more than 5% of Delta's customers.
Originally Posted by kettle1
I would throw a pure guess with those hubs it is about 14%. Total guess.
Originally Posted by bigbuy
ATL is 267 miles from nearest coastline. Tybee Island Ga
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Detroit isn't near a coastline??? Ok, we call it shoreline around here. And the same could be said for SLC....
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Assuming that ATL = Atlantic and not Atlanta airport (which AFAIK doesn't have a coastline, but perhaps there's a little pond there?), this can't possibly be true....

Uh... That was satire... Intended to lambast the typical coastal liberal disdain for anyone in "flyover country."
noun: satire
  1. the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
Hence, the emoticon... which I will repeat here...

Why do folks on FT have so much trouble discerning satire?

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Jul 16, 2017 at 11:14 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This has nothing to do with politics, or at least not real politics. People don't like her because she is a bully and deeply offensive. They don't dislike her because she supports lower taxes or an isolationist immigration policy.

I'm very liberal and one of my very best friends is very conservative. We get a long just fine.

For much of the public she has lost her right to be offended because she is such an reckless iconoclast, and seemingly never in a productive and caring way, and again, not at all because of her "political" perspective. It's about how she treats other people.
So, she has to right to complain about not receiving a product that she paid for; even though you and I have that right?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
It's impossible to discuss an issue regarding Ann Coulter without her political opinions becoming an issue (as seen in this thread).

But at face value, it seems like rather poor form on DL's part. Given there was another seat on the plane available and the pax had paid for the seat selection, it's hard to explain why the pax's seat was re-assigned. IT mess-up?
Her non-political opinions aren't particularly pleasant (or rational either).

Has there been any evidence that the other pax didn't pay for the seat as well? If Delta tried to move me out of an E+ seat I paid for, because Ann Coulter was ranting on twitter about also paying for it, I'd be furious.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I am 6'1" and fit fine in E-. No one "needs" "the legroom"
That depends, in part, on how much of your height is below your waist.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM

It's poor form but I was trying to think of an innocuous reason that the passenger would be harmed by the photo: guy flying to have an affair and lying to wife that he was going elsewhere on a business trip, someone flying to a sporting event after telling boss he/she was sick,.....In all of my examples, the passenger is at least arguably doing something wrong and doesn't want to be caught, but your surprise example indeed seems to be an innocent party.
Coulter is somebody who generates strong feelings on both sides. It is not hard to imagine a fan, enraged that their hero has been slighted, tracking down the poor person who got the seat, publish their personal information and possibly goading other fans to do worse.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by Spanish
No, you build it by increasing income. You not going to be a million - air by saving a few bucks here and there by cutting corners with a 5 digit income.

To save real money, you need to make real money first...
Actually you do both. Ann Coulter likely flies a lot. By flying some of her personal travel in coach with a premium seat she can save tens of thousands each year in after-tax dollars.

Ann Coulter's net worth is reportedly around $8 million, which means she has to be somewhat frugal.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
That depends, in part, on how much of your height is below your waist.
Yeah. I'm 5'9" and of really long femurs and have been in planes where my kneecaps were literally pushing into the the seatback pocket fabric when seats were in full upright position.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres

I can hate what someone says but defend to the death their right to say it or in this case, fly in the seat that they purchased.

BTW, the rant and twitting happened after the seat was taken, so this cannot be used to excuse DL's action in taking the seat.
Bumping someone without compensation is against the rules. But as it's been said over and over around FT you are just buying a ticket from point A to point B. Airlines can move you as long as they get you to your final destination and fairly compensate you for any changes.

I did not excuse deltas action. I was simply pointing out that this pathetic scum bag of a person does get any sympathy from me. And while the tweets were posted after the fact, I'd assume she was screaming and flipping out on the plane and actively taking the pictures to compose the tweet later.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamphs
I was a bit bored this afternoon - too hot/humid out - and by chance came across this thread.

If this happened to anyone else, especially if someone asked for advice in the 'seat change' situation, a valid advice would be 'take to Twitter'. But not for Anne Coulter because folks don't like her (neither do I particularly).

She has the right, like any of us, to the seat we paid for. I could also fly in domestic F, if I wanted to shell out those $, but I choose not to because I tend to be frugal.

It is too bad that folks so often have to apply politics to these threads when they do not like an individual. This thread should be about 'here is the seemingly legitimate problem, and let's hear from others about their similar experiences including resolutions'.
Bingo! You win the post of the day award.

While I am conservative, I often feel that Ann Coulter is a bit too extreme. But that does not change my opinion that anyone who gets hosed by an airline should have the right to speak out and seek redress.

So far we have a large portion of the folks here seemingly implying that one's political beliefs are determinant in how they should be treated in a business dealing.

Then we have the portion who insinuate that, if someone can (in their uninformed estimation) afford to buy FC, they have an obligation to do so, else they are some sort of poseur.

Fortunately, we still have a minority here who believe that customers should be treated fairly regardless of their political inclinations, hair color, bank account balance, or prior dating history.

Congrats to the minority. Others can go find some other way to lick their wounds.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Bumping someone without compensation is against the rules. But as it's been said over and over around FT you are just buying a ticket from point A to point B. Airlines can move you as long as they get you to your final destination and fairly compensate you for any changes.

I did not excuse deltas action. I was simply pointing out that this pathetic scum bag of a person does get any sympathy from me. And while the tweets were posted after the fact, I'd assume she was screaming and flipping out on the plane and actively taking the pictures to compose the tweet later.
If she were behaving badly on the flight, she should have been kicked off.

However, I suspect that if anything of this nature had happened, there would be at least one video posted on the internet or at least someone on FT coming here to report about what he/she observed.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I don't get why people are complaining that she wasn't flying first.

How many here don't pay for 1st and hope for an upgrade, you cheap .......s.

How many times have you not paid for 1st and opted for c+ because it's a short flight? I know I have especially if the difference is huge between c+ and 1st.

Sounds like we are all a bunch of hypocrites

But hey if you paid for C+ and didn't get the seat you paid for, you'd be pissed too. I know I was when I got squash by a whale.

But hey at the same time I hope she suffered in her less comfy non c+ seat.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdlman
2. She likes the image of being seen in coach , everyday person
And the image of going on a public twitter rampage, which I guess the everyday person can relate to..
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Her seat reassignment placed her in a different seat in the very same row, just opposite of where she was originally assigned a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.