FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   "talk to us" taking >30 days!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1853882-talk-us-taking-30-days.html)

NOLAnwGOLD Jul 14, 2017 1:58 pm

"talk to us" taking >30 days!!

What's going on? Had a bunch of issues that I've sent in my emails but it's been well over the 30 days that they would respond....what's going on? They usually are really fast

StayingHomeIsBetter Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 28561088)
What's going on? Had a bunch of issues that I've sent in my emails but it's been well over the 30 days that they would respond....what's going on? They usually are really fast

Did you elect to pay for the upgraded "talk to us" processing option? You can pay with dollars or miles, but you cannot use DL eCerts. :D

TTT Jul 14, 2017 2:37 pm

I imagine the series of weather issues this spring increased the volume. Of course the operational issues in April didn't help.

NOLAnwGOLD Jul 17, 2017 1:46 am

Yeah, took from June 1 to July 14!

TravellingMan Jul 17, 2017 5:55 pm

I am still waiting for close to 30+ days for response. When I call the toll free number, it is a mind numbing 2 hour+ delay. Twitter takes 2+ hours to even acknowledge your DM.

Could they not throw more staffing in customer response teams? It is not going to cost that much. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

sydneyracquelle Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

FYI I emailed a complaint via the DL website on 6/30 and they called me back tonight (7/17) so it took 17 days. I am a DM.

TravellingMan Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 28572930)
FYI I emailed a complaint via the DL website on 6/30 and they called me back tonight (7/17) so it took 17 days. I am a DM.

If a DM is subjected to this delay then it seems that it is part of a new Delta plan (which will soon be copied by United and American) to slow down customer service. I presume they have some statistics or were sold by AF/KLM on the benefits of delayed response. It cannot be an abnormal event(s), looks more like a plan.

I was truly shocked with the 2 hour hold time when it came to rebooking and wonder if they will ever get to my complaints sent via email.

3Cforme Jul 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan (Post 28573328)
I was truly shocked with the 2 hour hold time when it came to rebooking and wonder if they will ever get to my complaints sent via email.

DOT rules set deadlines for acknowledgment and 'substantive response.'

Zorak Jul 17, 2017 11:09 pm

I sent in a question about missing miles from partner activity (rental car) and got a response in a few days. So it probably depends on the nature of the communication and which department handles it.

koreanair720 Jul 18, 2017 4:31 am

I sent something in 7/1 about broken IFE....so far, crickets

hnewman Jul 18, 2017 5:11 am

Given DL IT system it could have been lost. ;) I would resend

vincentharris Jul 18, 2017 5:47 am

Honestly I am surprised they still have the option to contact them....

Really DL is like your local power company, why do they need to care about customer service if they are the only game in town? What are you going to do, stop using power?

Same thing can be said for 95+% of DL's business especially in super hub ATL, in all honesty who else are you going to fly???

TravellingMan Jul 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 28573511)
DOT rules set deadlines for acknowledgment and 'substantive response.'

Do you know what the deadlines are? This is regarding couple of refunds that total $900. I know there will be couple of billing cycles before they will refund it.

Originally Posted by vincentharris (Post 28574489)
Honestly I am surprised they still have the option to contact them....

I reckon they have a staff of 5 to man the email system. This way they will get to it when they will get to it. As you mention what else am I going to do. The only recourse is to file a complaint with DOT.