Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion upgrades no longer clearing the night before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion upgrades no longer clearing the night before?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Medallion upgrades no longer clearing the night before?

I haven't seen a thread about this either, which surprises me, but maybe I just missed it?

At about the same time when the Web site stopped showing upgrade availability accurately, Delta also stopped processing upgrades properly in the T+5 window.

It used to be that if I was flying say on a Friday, and an upgrade was available, it would be processed at some point on the previous Saturday evening. Now, you can check even on Sunday and the upgrade won't be processed. On 3 separate occasions I had to call the Medallion line and a supervisor who couldn't understand why it wasn't working had to process the upgrade manually. The 4th time, I called up and found that there was no upgrade space, which is how I discovered the technical error on the Web site (see the thread about it always showing "Upgrade Available" regardless of upgrade availability).

I'm on hold now with the same issue over a month later. The Medallion rep just told me that 2 separate supervisors are trying to figure this out. Am I the only one experiencing this???
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Upgrades used to clear at the initial DM window shortly after 5 pm ATL time six days before the flight, i.e., on Saturday for a Friday departure.

Now the DM window opens exactly 120 hours before scheduled departure time.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't visit here too often I take it. Numerous discussions here on these topics. The upgrade processing changes to exactly T-5/3/1 days occurred in late May. The upgrade availability indicator broke around the same time (always showed "Upgrade Available") and they have removed it until it can be fixed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...available.html
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Don't visit here too often I take it. Numerous discussions here on these topics. The upgrade processing changes to exactly T-5/3/1 days occurred in late May. The upgrade availability indicator broke around the same time (always showed "Upgrade Available") and they have removed it until it can be fixed.

Thanks. I visit fairly often, but there are so many threads one is bound to miss some...

*EDIT* - Hey, I started that other thread. But there was no mention in it of the change to exactly T-5/3/1 days. I am just hearing this now...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ

It's not removed at this point, it's there and inaccurate...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Upgrades used to clear at the initial DM window shortly after 5 pm ATL time six days before the flight, i.e., on Saturday for a Friday departure.

Now the DM window opens exactly 120 hours before scheduled departure time.
Was there an announcement made about this?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ

Incorrect, the UG Eligibility box is back now and still showing UG Available always again.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hammer1
Was there an announcement made about this?
No, it's always just been stated as T-5. The previous timing was generous, as it was actually T-6, although agents wouldn't force upgrades before T-5. The 120 hour window mirrors what DL's competitors do.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: delta dm
I had upgrade space available for a flight but when I called the agent said it wont clear until exactly 5 days from time of departure. I thought that was odd but now I undertand why because its a new policy. As a data point I did clear immediately once I got to the 120hr window.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I had upgrade space available for a flight but when I called the agent said it wont clear until exactly 5 days from time of departure. I thought that was odd but now I undertand why because its a new policy. As a data point I did clear immediately once I got to the 120hr window.

It's really not a change. Its simply following what it always was supposed to be.
bubbashow likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Incorrect, the UG Eligibility box is back now and still showing UG Available always again.
Its back, but appears to be working for me. Compared with reservations amd they synced up.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Got 3 upgrades for next week all were at exactly the 120 hour mark for the flight.
Best upgrade percent I have had on DL this year for a trip. Yea me.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Hammer1
*EDIT* - Hey, I started that other thread. But there was no mention in it of the change to exactly T-5/3/1 days. I am just hearing this now...
Upgrade timing threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hancement.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ost-1-day.html
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by apodo77
Got 3 upgrades for next week all were at exactly the 120 hour mark for the flight.
Best upgrade percent I have had on DL this year for a trip. Yea me.
same here ^
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Lucky you. For me it is mostly "medallion upgrades are not clearing ..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.