Search

NYC Area Weather Wavier – July 13-14

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:18 pm
C W
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
NYC Area Weather Wavier – July 13-14

Delta has issued a weather waiver for the NYC area July 13-14.

I'll be watching this one carefully as I'm flying ZRH-JFK-LAX on the 14th. Would like to keep the routing if possible to stay on a D1 transcon service.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
JFK-MCO tonight... already delayed. Whee.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Some pretty strong storms are coming in from the west and delays are already mounting.

The biggest "threat" tomorrow seems to be relatively low ceilings and visibility throughout much of the day.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Glad I got the heck of out HPN this morning. Good luck NYC flyers!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Guess everything is in the upper atmosphere. 20 minutes from EWR and just a bit of rain and no thunder or lightening. Been clear and beautiful since 7:00pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
6 hour delay at FLL for my flight to LGA due to a late arriving plane from LGA. Ugh. Was a rolling delay. Glad I live 20 minutes from FLL so I can wait at home.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
6 hour delay at FLL for my flight to LGA due to a late arriving plane from LGA. Ugh. Was a rolling delay. Glad I live 20 minutes from FLL so I can wait at home.
It also appears you are now going to JFK rather than LGA (likely due to the LGA curfew).
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ty97
It also appears you are now going to JFK rather than LGA (likely due to the LGA curfew).
Yup. Saw that. Thankfully we are heading into the city so will skip the bus and just grab a cab at JFK.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Yup. Saw that. Thankfully we are heading into the city so will skip the bus and just grab a cab at JFK.
Do you ever take the Airtrain to Jamaica station and take the LIRR in from JFK? I find that cheaper and easier (at least for me) than taking a cab in. One of the reasons I hate flying into LGA because I have to take a cab.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Scott H
One of the reasons I hate flying into LGA because I have to take a cab.
"LaGuardia Link" Q70 SBS to the LIRR or subway. (Except for MAT.)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:02 pm
C W
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Things seem mostly back to normal. Just low clouds and a little rain this afternoon when I flew through.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: DL D
Got the alert the 12th for my LGA-ATL flight at 6a on the 13th. Luckily no delays at that time.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
"LaGuardia Link" Q70 SBS to the LIRR or subway. (Except for MAT.)
Thanks for the tip. That's a bus, right? I'm not much into busses if I can avoid them.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Scott H
Thanks for the tip. That's a bus, right? I'm not much into busses if I can avoid them.
It is a bus, but it's a pretty quick and direct bus. It only haa five stops: three of them at LGA (Terminals B, D, C, in that order) followed by Jackson Heights /Roosevelt Avenue (connection to the E/F/M/R/7 subways) follows by Woodside (connection to LIRR). SBS stands are Select Bus Service meaning that you dip your Metrocard at a machine at the bus stop in advance, so everyone can then board quickly through any door without stopping to pay the driver, thus expediting boarding.

Q70 to the subway is absolutely my preferred method of travel from LGA to my apartment on the west side of Manhattan. Taxis often don't save much, if any, time getting to the west side and they cost astronomically more.

Last edited by ty97; Jul 22, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
It is a bus, but it's a pretty quick and direct bus. It only have five stops: three of them at LGA (Terminals B, D, C, in that order) followed by Jackson Heights /Roosevelt Avenue (connection to the E/F/M/R/7 subways) follows by Woodside (connection to LIRR). SBS stands are Select Bus Service meaning that you dip your Metrocard at a machine at the bus stop in advance, so everyone can then board quickly through any door without stopping to pay the driver, thus expediting boarding.

Q70 to the subway is absolutely my preferred method of travel from LGA to my apartment on the west side of Manhattan. Taxis often don't save much, if any, time getting to the west side and they cost astronomically more.
Thanks to you as well! I'll have to reconsider!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.