Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgraded to C+ and losing MQM 1.5x Bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold

I'm booked in a B-fare economy ticket for a flight coming up and got stuck with a lousy seat option (flight was very full). Normally B-fare economy tickets are given a 50% MQM bonus. If I'm upgraded into a FC seat, obviously I'll still have the bonus... but what about if I'm "upgraded" to a C+ seat, since W doesn't get a MQM bonus. I thought when you were upgraded you receive miles/MQMs based on your PAID fare (which, being a B fare would mean I WOULD get it), but wanted to make sure.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Economy tickets upgraded into C+ are coded as WU (now SU), not W. The underlying fare is what matters for MQM-earning purposes.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
FC complimentary upgrades don't change how you earn miles or MQMs so I'd assume C+ upgrades don't either. If they mess it up just call in and I'm sure they will fix it.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You earn MQMs based on the fare you paid, not where you sit. What the fare would have been to buy a ticket for the seat you eventually get is irrelevant.

(You earned based on where you sat before 1995, so it was possible to come out ahead by using miles to upgrade, but that's a story for geezers reminiscing about the good old days - not for this thread.)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WWads
Economy tickets upgraded into C+ are coded as WU (now SU), not W. The underlying fare is what matters for MQM-earning purposes.
All these freaking codes. Where is the cheat sheet?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by apodo77
All these freaking codes. Where is the cheat sheet?
Hidden by DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.