Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignments TATL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Seat assignments TATL

Just booked JFK-ZRH for December and paid for Delta+/Comfort/Whatever they call it this week. Picked 17 F&G on the 767, bulkhead. My receipt shows the seat assignments, but when I look at My Trips it says "Select Seat" and no assignment. Is this one of those "wait 24 hours after booking" things, or do I need to call them?

I did a search, but I have been away from FT (and airlines) for over 5 years, so I'm a little rusty.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The traditional mindset is that a reservation holds your confirmed space and seats on a flight, while your ticket is simply an attached record that you have made a payment to cover your reservation. Your receipt indicates nothing other than you gave DL money at some point. Therefore I would be concerned if the reservation does not display your seat assignments.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Were you able to (re)select the C+ seats through your reservation?

TATL DL seat assignments usually stick.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Were you able to (re)select the C+ seats through your reservation?

TATL DL seat assignments usually stick.
As a matter of fact, no. But I think it's because I selected them when making the ressie. They were vacant before, but now occupado.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately, there have been a number of threads over the years of people losing their seat assignments due to various glitches. If someone else is now assigned those seats, you can call but I don't think you'll get them back.

Are there other C+ seats you'd accept? If not, you can cancel the entire ticket during the 24hr risk-free cancel window (if I'm reading this correctly that you booked today... And there's leeway to midnight the day after purchase, local time), get a refund of the ticket and C+ fees, and then rebook to a flight that has the seats you want, if you are flexible for travel date.

edit: I have had a DL seat assignment fail that I made at booking, so it does occasionally happen. Sorry you lost bulkhead!

Last edited by RaflW; Jul 11, 2017 at 10:18 pm
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: DL DM
Sorry to hear you lost your bulkhead. I make it a point after booking each reservation to completely log out of DL.dumb and re-login again and view my itinerary, paying close attention to all details, dates, and seat assignments. The last TPAC flight I booked the leg from BKK-NRT seat assignments showed "click here to select seat" (or something like that). This was back when DL operated out of BKK. All other seats took, but for some reason that particular segment did not take until I re-selected them.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Just booked a multi-city SAT>ATL>FCO then DXB>CDG>ATL>SAT Delta One trip and had no problems with the on-line reservation and selecting all of our seats except the DXB>CDG leg on AF. As a matter of habit after we made the reservation we pulled the confirmation up and none of the seats were shown as selected. No biggie deal and figured it was just a lag between the initial booking, confirming the credit card, etc. We're meeting up with and traveling with friends from Atlanta and were trying to get seats next to or near them. Luckily we were able to get the seats reselected with no loss of our preference.

We did call Delta with help with the AF leg as we wanted to make sure we were hooked up with our friends. Have to say we had probably one of the best customer service experiences we've had with any airline much less Delta. Lady was great and was able to get us the seats we wanted and provide us with the AF confirmation number.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies! The seat assignments did show up on DL.com sometime in the middle of the night, so we're good to go. Appreciate all the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.