Search

Upgrade (paid) when booking & MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Upgrade (paid) when booking & MQMs

Sorry if this has been asked, but try querying "Upgrade" or MQM....

For the "new" upgrade option during and after booking (FCM), is it booking you into a First Class fare basis or are they just upgrading the seat. I ask because of the 1.5 kicker on MQM's. Does the "upgrade" provide the 1.5 MQM and put you into a First class fare bucket? (important for SDC)

I've historically just called and paid the difference to get an A fare, but given the website option, it certainly is easier.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
There are probably more posts and a discussion but this was in the FCM thread recently.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28178469-post3484.html
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Sorry if this has been asked, but try querying "Upgrade" or MQM....

For the "new" upgrade option during and after booking (FCM), is it booking you into a First Class fare basis or are they just upgrading the seat. I ask because of the 1.5 kicker on MQM's. Does the "upgrade" provide the 1.5 MQM and put you into a First class fare bucket? (important for SDC)

I've historically just called and paid the difference to get an A fare, but given the website option, it certainly is easier.
Yes, in my experience, the upgrade provides the MQM kicker. Often the fare difference offered is very reasonable - sometimes not, but when it's a good deal, I grab it as the DM upgrades can get scare on the heavily traveled routes.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes it is a bit confusing with how the FCM/buy-up system works now... since it doesn't actually issue a new ticket.

I inquired about the same thing, and you should get the bonus MQMs etc for taking the offer, before the check-in period. The system puts you into a first class seat, however the original ticket remains. I haven't flown on one yet so not sure if there is a modifier put on the original fare or how it works to track it, but it should also be treated like a normal first class fare for earning and SDC ability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.