Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning points on DL stock but AF metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum

Hi all,

Couldn't find the search for thiis topic and was wondering. I bought a business class ticket on DL.com from Vancouver to Paris. It is Z class and a DL6850 flight operated by AF. Do I still get the MQD and MQM bonus on this flight? Or is it different when flying AF?

Kind regards,

-ok
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ornulfkittelsen
Hi all,

Couldn't find the search for thiis topic and was wondering. I bought a business class ticket on DL.com from Vancouver to Paris. It is Z class and a DL6850 flight operated by AF. Do I still get the MQD and MQM bonus on this flight? Or is it different when flying AF?

Kind regards,

-ok
Since DL sold the ticket, and the flight has a DL flight number, you'll earn full MQMs and MQDs.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
Since DL sold the ticket, and the flight has a DL flight number, you'll earn full MQMs and MQDs.
However at the DL rate, even though flying AF.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However at the DL rate, even though flying AF.
That's what full MQMs and MQDs implies.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by ornulfkittelsen
It is Z class and a DL6850 flight operated by AF. Do I still get the MQD and MQM bonus on this flight? Or is it different when flying AF?
What does "MQD bonus" mean? Your MQDs will be the cost of the ticket less government-imposed taxes and fees because it's a DL ticket.

Originally Posted by WWads
That's what full MQMs and MQDs implies.
Well, MQMs earned on AF-marketed flights are the same as the corresponding fare classes on DL, so full MQMs either way. And MQDs are often higher with the mileage multipliers than the actual fare paid. (No idea if that's often true in paid business class; I always fly discount economy.)
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ashill
Well, MQMs earned on AF-marketed flights are the same as the corresponding fare classes on DL, so full MQMs either way. And MQDs are often higher with the mileage multipliers than the actual fare paid. (No idea if that's often true in paid business class; I always fly discount economy.)
I don't think there is a multiplier for MQD. It's simply the fare minus the taxes.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I don't think there is a multiplier for MQD. It's simply the fare minus the taxes.
Except when it's not the fare. Then it's a multiplier.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Not many people know this but most AF/KL only tickets can be sold on Delta stock. You'll come out ahead for RDMs.

Example I booked a KL flight from CGK-KUL which had no delta codeshares. Fare rules state it can be ticketed on mostly any skyteam stock. I've seen then for most KL/DL/AF flights most likely because of the JV their fare rules allow you to do this.

The only other reason to use DL #s is if you want to use a global or you have a domestic segment in the US and want to be higher on the upgrade list.

You'll have to call Delta if you want to ticket it this way
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Except when it's not the fare. Then it's a multiplier.
If it is a 006 ticket, I don't think it's a multiplier.

This is from DL's page on earning with AF.

(3) Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed and ticketed by the partner will earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by keneshhagard
Not many people know this but most AF/KL only tickets can be sold on Delta stock. You'll come out ahead for RDMs.

Example I booked a KL flight from CGK-KUL which had no delta codeshares. Fare rules state it can be ticketed on mostly any skyteam stock. I've seen then for most KL/DL/AF flights most likely because of the JV their fare rules allow you to do this.

The only other reason to use DL #s is if you want to use a global or you have a domestic segment in the US and want to be higher on the upgrade list.

You'll have to call Delta if you want to ticket it this way
Are you saying you can use a Delta global upgrade certificate on another carrier's flight? I know there are provisions for Air France, KLM and even Virgin Atlantic, but I know there are also limitations.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
You can only use a GUC on a DL Marketed flight, but operated by VS, KL, AF with the restrictions they have (and certain AM flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.