Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Police just walked Delta FA off plane in handcuffs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DJMeatBall
http://abcnews.go.com/US/delta-flight-attendant-arrested-grand-theft-landing-detroit/story?id=48517115

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/officials-delta-flight-attendant-arrested-plane/goa8hWSDK8aCb1zRElAopI/

http://www.wxyz.com/news/delta-flight-attendant-arrested-on-plane-at-detroit-metro-airport
Print Wikipost

Police just walked Delta FA off plane in handcuffs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by us2
What I don't get is doing this in a way that inconveniences the passengers and crew of the arriving flight. It seems to me that they could have quietly performed the arrest when he hit customs or after the passengers had deplaned rather than putting on a show the way they did.
SMH... you should talk to a law enforcement officer some time about their concern for your convenience vs arresting someone.
That would be a show worth watching.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:31 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by us2
What I don't get is doing this in a way that inconveniences the passengers and crew of the arriving flight. It seems to me that they could have quietly performed the arrest when he hit customs or after the passengers had deplaned rather than putting on a show the way they did.
Apparently CBP didn't KWYA
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Boiler84
Only because the SC customer that was threatened by the SC staff member complied with the order to leave. If he had pulled a Dr. Dao and refused to comply, indications were that the police would have been called to forcibly remove him.
There are no indications as to that. A low level employee made a stupid comment. Long before any arrest or police involvement far more levels of management would have been involved. He would never have been arrested unless he became very belligerent which clearly from his post was not going to happen.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:52 am

This whole incident has nothing to do with Delta. If the FA knew he was a wanted criminal, there many places he could have disappeared to. This all involves an ex trying to get even. I've seen it before. When all is said and done, the ex will probably see some time.

It just happens that this guy works for an airline. I guess it sounds better to board the plane vs having to be more discreet.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Jeff767
There are no indications as to that. A low level employee made a stupid comment. Long before any arrest or police involvement far more levels of management would have been involved. He would never have been arrested unless he became very belligerent which clearly from his post was not going to happen.
Please! Don't interfere with the prejudicial speculation.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WXYZ
According to Delta, Customs and Border Protection officers working at the airport arrested the flight attendant on an active warrant for grand theft in Orange County, Florida.
Originally Posted by The Voyage Report
A spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection told TVR, “CBP officers working at the Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport arrested a flight attendant on an active warrant for grand theft in the third degree from Orange County, Florida.”

The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office identified the flight attendant as Christopher Andrew Bell, 27. He was booked into the Wayne County Detention Center at 5:37p Friday as a “fugitive.” He is being held awaiting extradition to Florida, multiple agencies said.
ABC's report shows a photo of an MD-90, tail # N923DN. I guess its range must have been extended a bit for CDG-DTW.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 9, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
ABC's report shows a photo of an MD-90, tail # N923DN. I guess its range must have been extended a bit for CDG-DTW.
When have facts gotten in the way of reportage?

(In fairness, the photo caption provides ABC cover.)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:22 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by DeltaDunce
SMH... you should talk to a law enforcement officer some time about their concern for your convenience vs arresting someone.
That would be a show worth watching.
I don't see a reason here to be rude. I was simply asking a question.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Often1
Once you make the decision to arrest people, you arrest them. The only reason to delay the arrest is if there was a belief that the FA was armed or otherwise a danger to passengers.
Almost. Once the arrest decision is made, a decision as to when and how to make the arrest in the easiest, safest possible way, follows. This is why many arrests are delayed until the wee hours of the morning when arrestee(s) are probably fast asleep and not expecting a raid or however. They may be groggy or thinking slower and, generally, easier and safer to handle. That others are inconvenienced is a secondary consideration, after their safety.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by us2
I don't see a reason here to be rude. I was simply asking a question.
"Just saying" or "Just asking" are two of the favorite things written by trolls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.