Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Comfort Plus is Uncomfort Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:40 pm

Can someone explain why it's so important to protect the feelings of COS? Because it sure doesn't sound like they care about our feelings. The attitude I see is pretty much, too bad, for the most part.

Really, I'm not joking.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by zitsky
Can someone explain why it's so important to protect the feelings of COS? Because it sure doesn't sound like they care about our feelings. The attitude I see is pretty much, too bad, for the most part.

Really, I'm not joking.
I don't think anyone here is saying it's important to protect (our, as I'm a COS) feelings. OP didn't want to upset him but the rest of us are saying to get the FA involved next time. The guy didn't buy two seats nor could he put the armrest down.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drminn
I somebody on trial here?
I don't think you ( )or OP are on trial here. But I feel like I tried to answer the question that OP posed. Everyone else seemed to forget there was a question there.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO it's inexcusable not to offload the COS when there's a valid complaint and no extra seat has been purchased or can be purchased. It's ridiculous to let the COS game the system by failing to purchase the extra seat and hoping either that an extra seat will be made available for free or that extra space can be stolen from the seat purchased by some innocent stranger unlucky enough to be assigned to sit next to the COS.
Fox News said something super smart - we now have a God Class of citizen in the US that's untouchable. Without getting too much politics into this, COS belongs to the God Class. If they offload the COS, you bet someone will post something on FB and before you know it, it's gonna be on every news channel.

Just last week, a guy was bullied by a COS on AA. The woman recorded their interaction and posted on FB and it was all over the news. I watched the video, while the male pax did make a joke about the COS on his phone while texting someone, he never verbalized it but everyone was blasting the poor guy. The woman was a plus size model on a fight to a job... but didn't buy 2 seats but was just chewing up the guy for his private message about the COS.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by wlau
Just last week, a guy was bullied by a COS on AA.
Already being discussed in this thread. Link to article in Post #11 , see also Posts #12-14, 24-25...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Just need to speak to the FA and get moved and if that doesn't work have them call the GA. A few years back, I was CRJ-700/900 RDU-CMH and was seated in 1D and the guy next me in 1C was a giant, his head was up against the overhead and his knees seemed 8-10 inches higher than mine, probably the largest man I have sat next to. I couldn't use half of my FC seat due to his size. I asked the FA if I could move and she said that FC was full, I said that was OK, so she said the last row was empty. She even provided FC service with drinks and the snack basket.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:49 am

I sat behind a man in comfort plus last week jfk to slc. The largest person I have ever seen - not overweight just built like a train and probably 6'5" tall. Extended halfway into the aisle and halfway into his neighbors seat. He did his best and was very polite every time they hit him with the cart but it made me appreciate my smaller frame!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
So even though the majority of you said, since I didn't speak up during the flight I had no recourse, but being the rebel that I am, I emailed to complain to Delta anyway.

Today I login to my account and I have a voucher I didn't have before and an additional 7000 miles. I then get a phone call this afternoon confirming the extra miles but not the voucher (Not sure what the $50 voucher I have in my account is for I didn't have it before). Was told the miles would show up in 48 to 72 hours but it's already in there.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
So even though the majority of you said, since I didn't speak up during the flight I had no recourse, but being the rebel that I am, I emailed to complain to Delta anyway.

Today I login to my account and I have a voucher I didn't have before and an additional 7000 miles. I then get a phone call this afternoon confirming the extra miles but not the voucher (Not sure what the $50 voucher I have in my account is for I didn't have it before). Was told the miles would show up in 48 to 72 hours but it's already in there.
Maybe the voucher is for a future trip?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wlau
I have long said Comfort+ should be appropriately called Comfort Minus or Delta Minus Comfort.
I have taken to the term "DisComfort+" so appropriately named by my co-workers.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

So it happened again, and this time I didn't realize the person next to me was immobile until I was 30,000 feet in the air had my bladder was ready to explode.

Apparently, the lady that sat next to me needed assistance to get out of her seat. I didn't even notice how she got into the seat or if she was helped I know she boarded after me. I guess I was too busy reading insta gram or something.

Lucky for me, when the FA and I started to help her out the seat, her daughter who was in coach came and assisted. FA later told me that the GAs upgraded all the wheelchair people to first because myself and 1 other were the only paid pax in 1st. Really wish the GA would have given her an empty row. I was in 2A and she was in 2B. All rows in 1st except mine had 1 person. With the exception of row 1 seats A - D which were all empty.

I need to start taking the aisle, especially on this JFK SDQ route. Even though I love the window too much trouble for my aging bladder and the number of disabled passengers that tend to be on this flight.
Mahogany likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So it happened again, and this time I didn't realize the person next to me was immobile until I was 30,000 feet in the air had my bladder was ready to explode.

Apparently, the lady that sat next to me needed assistance to get out of her seat. I didn't even notice how she got into the seat or if she was helped I know she boarded after me. I guess I was too busy reading insta gram or something.

Lucky for me, when the FA and I started to help her out the seat, her daughter who was in coach came and assisted. FA later told me that the GAs upgraded all the wheelchair people to first because myself and 1 other were the only paid pax in 1st. Really wish the GA would have given her an empty row. I was in 2A and she was in 2B. All rows in 1st except mine had 1 person. With the exception of row 1 seats A - D which were all empty.

I need to start taking the aisle, especially on this JFK SDQ route. Even though I love the window too much trouble for my aging bladder and the number of disabled passengers that tend to be on this flight.
Sounds like the flights from NYC-PBI-NYC.....the amount of wheelchairs lined up waiting to board on this route is incredible.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
I love the window too, but I always book aisle for the same reason. Even though most passengers are able bodied, I just hate disturbing them, but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dalehill

I love the window too, but I always book aisle for the same reason. Even though most passengers are able bodied, I just hate disturbing them, but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
I normally can hold it for 4 or 5 hours but I drank too much yellow water at the bar near the gate at JFK
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
I normally can hold it for 4 or 5 hours but I drank too much yellow water at the bar near the gate at JFK
Well, now that you’ve brought it up, I do make full use of the SkyClub before boarding. And then try to ameliorate the damage by drinking lots of water. So, yeah, not fair to visit my poor life choices on innocent strangers in aisle seats.
Mahogany likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.