FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   "Comment/Complaint" Lack of Response? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1851684-comment-complaint-lack-response.html)

yogimax Jul 4, 2017 6:58 pm

"Comment/Complaint" Lack of Response?

Is this feature working? I first sent a message about two weeks ago and then repeated it a few days later.

Absolutely no acknowledgement nor response. I did get a message that it was sent, but in the past received an immediate confirmation from Delta that they would respond. Nothing this time.

I'm thinking it was never received. Is there an email address for Delta I can use to bypass this feature?

tmack0 Jul 4, 2017 9:58 pm

I tried posting their during the thunderstorm incident earlier this year, trying to find when my flight was. It took them a good 2+ months to reply, and they haven't caught up yet. I filed another complaint (soaking wet bags from being left on the runway during a rainstorm at CHA) on May 8, they replied June 18.

pharmawalk Jul 5, 2017 8:10 am

I think Delta has a fairly big backlog.

Seabilly Jul 5, 2017 8:26 am

I sent in a message via the web site comment/complaint page and got no acknowledgement that it was received. I waited 3-4 days and resent it (yesterday), this time I got an auto acknowledgement saying they'd try to reach out to me in a few days. I would send it in again until you get an auto acknowledgment email.
If you want to try snail mail, the corporate address is:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20706
Atlanta, Georgia 30320-6001

The email link for corporate takes you back to the comment/complaint page.

Crossinator Jul 5, 2017 9:15 am

i think they're really backed up. I submitted a complaint in mid-late April and got a response on June 11th. just give it time and know that Delta will read it when it's your turn, and will give a reply (if you asked for one).

cfischer Jul 8, 2018 3:46 pm

I had a couple last year that took .... now get this ... 3 months and another one 5 months! The fun thing was ... I ultimately got 3 replies and each offered compensation. Totally ridiculous and worthless.
Had to send in a missing flight via the webform because the automatic credit function told me everything was already credited :rolleyes: now waiting 3+ weeks already. Delta needs to seriously fixed this.

Qwkynuf Jul 8, 2018 4:25 pm

I sent in a complaint on July 1, asking them to cover the cost of a hotel room, an Uber from the airport to that hotel, and an extra day of long term parking, due to a maintenance delay which caused me to miss my connection in SLC to the last flight home that night (~$155 - I'm a cheap date!). I received a call at work on the afternoon of the 5th, which I ignored because I was tied up at that moment. A few minutes later they called on my personal cell phone, which I also ignored. Shortly after that I received an email - apologizing for the original problem and apologizing for not being able to reach me by phone. They said that they were giving me 10k points for the inconvenience and mailing me a check for $205, to cover the $155 that I requested, plus an extra $50 to cover any additional meals that I might have had to buy but forgot to mention in my original message.

I thought the response was unnecessarily generous, but you reach a point where the best course is just to say "thank you" and move on.

TheHorta Jul 8, 2018 7:08 pm

While it's only happened twice, both times DL was quick to rectify the problem and volunteered generous compensation -- more than I would've requested -- without having to ask for it, and usually over the phone.

I'm a sample of one, and may be be the anomalous outlier, but I have nothing to complain about.

123Go Jul 9, 2018 9:06 am

I've been receiving responses in 7 days. Did a fair bit of travelling (and complaining) last month.

SDQBound Jul 9, 2018 2:27 pm

Mine are sent to AF/KL since my address is in France, which, in turn, acknowledge the receipt but never respond.

DCP2016 Jul 9, 2018 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 29951749)
I sent in a complaint on July 1, asking them to cover the cost of a hotel room, an Uber from the airport to that hotel, and an extra day of long term parking, due to a maintenance delay which caused me to miss my connection in SLC to the last flight home that night (~$155 - I'm a cheap date!). I received a call at work on the afternoon of the 5th, which I ignored because I was tied up at that moment. A few minutes later they called on my personal cell phone, which I also ignored. Shortly after that I received an email - apologizing for the original problem and apologizing for not being able to reach me by phone. They said that they were giving me 10k points for the inconvenience and mailing me a check for $205, to cover the $155 that I requested, plus an extra $50 to cover any additional meals that I might have had to buy but forgot to mention in my original message.

I thought the response was unnecessarily generous, but you reach a point where the best course is just to say "thank you" and move on.

What status do you have? If it was a regular no status passenger I can see the response going like this, "Ha, HAHA! Oh wait, you were serious. No. Here's 500 SkyMiles. We hope you fly with us soon".