Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Boeing 757-200 (75D) Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Delta Boeing 757-200 (75D) Questions

4.5 flight to vegas in august and I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on the Economy Comfort seats (rows 15 and 18 in particular). Row 18 intrigues me where it is just 2 seats and is the wall in front of you, but do you still get a TV and charging port?

I can't seem to find any pictures of row 18 on this particular plane.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Yes, my question as well as I have a 5 1/2 hour on one, too. Want to find out about EC even first any thoughts as seats 5c 5D are only open.

Please answer the question about EC first.

Safe travels all...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
This should be in Delta forum, I've alerted the moderators. Good luck with your question!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
This should be in Delta forum, I've alerted the moderators. Good luck with your question!
Thanks! I am brand new and wasn't sure if this was just for sky miles stuff.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by lmsilb
Thanks! I am brand new and wasn't sure if this was just for sky miles stuff.
Welcome to FT! ^
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Great bird- I like 19F- even though there is technically no under-seat storage, If 19E (middle) is unoccupied, you can store your personal item underneath 18. I actually use my personal item as a footrest between row 18 and the exit door- unlimited legroom. Also, you can go around row 18 to get to the lav if 19D is sleeping. There are charging ports on those rows as well. I believe 18 has screens in the console.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM
The bulkhead seats (row 18) have monitors in the armrests. They have to be stowed for taxi, take-off and landing. I think row 15 is in the armrest as well. All of these seats have access to power. The last row of FC is the same as the other. There isn't a hard bulkhead between the cabins so there is no limitation on recline from a bulkhead perspective.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:50 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Row 18 is especially nice if you are traveling in a party of 2. The wall is pretty far ahead of you -- there is a ton of legroom at those seats.

Only downside is that overhead bin space is pretty scarce in that part of the plane (there are no bins directly above row 18) and you don't have any option to store a smaller item under the seat in front of you, so you'd want to scramble to get on and secure space as early as you can.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Tso of us have a 3.5 hour ride in a 75D in August. How is the little window in the door for 18? Can you really see anything, or is it just for a bit of natural light? It seems like they have a 'fish eye' lense from what I've noticed in the aft exit row on the TATL 757s.

Also, any thoughts on 19A? How much does the slide protrude? Do you get a normal window or just a solid side panel?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by RaflW
Tso of us have a 3.5 hour ride in a 75D in August. How is the little window in the door for 18? Can you really see anything, or is it just for a bit of natural light? It seems like they have a 'fish eye' lense from what I've noticed in the aft exit row on the TATL 757s.

Also, any thoughts on 19A? How much does the slide protrude? Do you get a normal window or just a solid side panel?
If window is a high priority, row 18 is not your friend. Assume you can't really see outside at all from row 18.

19A is cramped. Your left leg basically has nowhere to go, though your right leg has a lot of room. Plus 19ABC you're face-to-face with an FA during takeoff and landing, which can be awkward, though it can also be fun if you get a nice FA and you enjoy chatting. 19A also doesn't have a lot of window -- I think you basically get half a window, IIRC.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:49 am

Piggybacking off an old thread -- I haven't flown Delta domestic in a long while, between the good C+ seats (i.e. row 19 or 18) and FC seats, is there a big difference in terms of legroom and seat width? Trying to decide if we'd be happy with booking 19BC or 18DE, or perhaps 1DC instead for a JFK-MEX trip. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:59 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jbeans
Piggybacking off an old thread -- I haven't flown Delta domestic in a long while, between the good C+ seats (i.e. row 19 or 18) and FC seats, is there a big difference in terms of legroom and seat width? Trying to decide if we'd be happy with booking 19BC or 18DE, or perhaps 1DC instead for a JFK-MEX trip. Thanks in advance for any insight!
The C+ seats are economy seats. There just happens to be an empty space where the third seat in that row would be, but they're not wider like first class seats or anything, and the bulkhead seats are even a bit narrower because the tray table is in the armrest so the armrests are fixed and a bit thicker than normal coach seats. Obviously first class also comes with other benefits like meal service and, for JFK-MEX, lounge access.

Those particular C+ seats do probably have more legroom than 1CD though. The first class bulkhead seats can be kind of tight because you can't stretch your legs out due to the wall in front of you, though on the other hand you have the benefit of nobody reclining into you (which you would also have as a benefit in those C+ seats).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:03 am

Thanks! So C+ seats don't come with a snack or meal service on this route? Hmm... Curious what would be your preferred seats on this plane?

Originally Posted by bgriff
The C+ seats are economy seats. There just happens to be an empty space where the third seat in that row would be, but they're not wider like first class seats or anything, and the bulkhead seats are even a bit narrower because the tray table is in the armrest so the armrests are fixed and a bit thicker than normal coach seats. Obviously first class also comes with other benefits like meal service and, for JFK-MEX, lounge access.

Those particular C+ seats do probably have more legroom than 1CD though. The first class bulkhead seats can be kind of tight because you can't stretch your legs out due to the wall in front of you, though on the other hand you have the benefit of nobody reclining into you (which you would also have as a benefit in those C+ seats).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:09 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by jbeans
Thanks! So C+ seats don't come with a snack or meal service on this route? Hmm... Curious what would be your preferred seats on this plane?
Well actually all of coach including C+ gets a meal on JFK-MEX, but it's small, a packaged sandwich or similar (similar to what Delta offers in coach on select domestic transcon flights now if that means anything to you), while first class would be a larger hot meal. I posted an example of a recent first class meal service on that route here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post29836925

Your question is hard to answer though ... first class and coach aren't really comparable. And presumably first class costs more money, possibly a lot more. But personally if I'm traveling in a party of 2, 18DE are definitely my preferred seats in coach/C+.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:40 am

I was able to get an upgrade offer where FC is just a few hundred more per person. The difference isn't huge for a trip of this length I think, and plus I was always under the impression that US domestic FC seats aren't that great, which is why I'm considering C+ as an almost equal option. I'm not concerned about lounge access since we both have PP. I think it comes down to just a matter of space. C+ seems to be able to provide more legroom, while F seats are definitely wider.

Originally Posted by bgriff
Well actually all of coach including C+ gets a meal on JFK-MEX, but it's small, a packaged sandwich or similar (similar to what Delta offers in coach on select domestic transcon flights now if that means anything to you), while first class would be a larger hot meal. I posted an example of a recent first class meal service on that route here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post29836925

Your question is hard to answer though ... first class and coach aren't really comparable. And presumably first class costs more money, possibly a lot more. But personally if I'm traveling in a party of 2, 18DE are definitely my preferred seats in coach/C+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.