Wiki Posts
Search

GUC ticket reissue question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Poster

GUC ticket reissue question

Hi all,

I just used a GUC for the first time two days ago, and I have question about the ticket reissue process. The agent was able to confirm upgrade availability at time of booking (flight is DL marketed & operated). My reservation on delta.com shows as Delta One with OY fare class and Delta One seat assignments. But my receipt is showing as V class and the certificates are still open in my wallet.

I assume that this information indicates that the ticket has not yet been reissued. Should I be concerned (yet) in this particular case? Do reissues for upgraded reservations happen at arbitrary times, or should they happen "soon" after the reservation shows as upgraded? Basically, I am trying to determine if I simply need to be patient, or if I should be proactive to push for a reissue.

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
How soon is your travel?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would always be proactive about ticket reissue. Bottom line, a ticket means everything and anything other than a ticket is simply "proof" that you ought to be in D1, but it does not equate to the issuance of a BP which you scan as you walk onto your aircraft.

Give it until tomorrow AM and then call DL and ask what the problem is.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Delta changed their upgrade process where they don't have to reissue the ticket. Likely after you fly the certificates will disappear. I'm not sure if your receipt will ever change fare class.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
How soon is your travel?
My travel is not until mid October.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
I used one for the first time earlier this year and noticed the same thing. In addition the GUC's still showed in my account available for use after I had applied them to a ticket.

It took about two weeks and the outbound and return were not processed at the same time but they were reissued and the GUC's showed as being used.

Not sure why the reissue process does not take place right away.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamiestr
Delta changed their upgrade process where they don't have to reissue the ticket. Likely after you fly the certificates will disappear. I'm not sure if your receipt will ever change fare class.
Since when? AFAIK only upgrades at the gate don't always get reissued. If it clears before the gate the ticket is supposed to get reissued. If you have IRROPS and ticket hasn't been reissued then they don't have to keep you in D1/Business. The ticket is the important part to ensuring you get into J.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:30 am

Reissues for upgrades are done based on travel date. The record falls on queue to be reissued and the certs closed.

The big exception is when you're upgrading OAL. These records need to be reissued immediately, as the ticket being out of sync with the record can cause space to be cancelled.

Last edited by WidgetTravels; Jun 25, 2017 at 8:39 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I used one for the first time earlier this year and noticed the same thing. In addition the GUC's still showed in my account available for use after I had applied them to a ticket.

It took about two weeks and the outbound and return were not processed at the same time but they were reissued and the GUC's showed as being used.

Not sure why the reissue process does not take place right away.
Did you receive an email indicating that the reissue occurred, or must you monitor delta.com to see a new receipt?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jamiestr
Ah, yeah, you could not be more incorrect. Upgrades must be reissued to reflect the correct class of service.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Delta doesn't pull the certs until a few days before travel. That's why they show "unused" in your wallet.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Christefan
Delta doesn't pull the certs until a few days before travel. That's why they show "unused" in your wallet.
No. They pull them when the ticket is reissued for upgrade.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
Booked a TATL routing using GUCs about 3 weeks ago. Requested the GUCs once I found an acceptable routing that had availability (don't do the Russian Roulette thing), booked ticket, called back when the GUCs showed up in my wallet to apply...GUC disappeared from my wallet just a few hours later.

YMMV
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Used 2 certificates this thursday, done by a agent living near Chisholm. Got the first "Your Flight Receipt" 1 minute after booking and another one this saturday (2 days later) showing me up front. After seeing this thread i checked my wallet and my 2 used certificates show closed under status.
"My Receipts" show 2 receipts of the same trip. One in economy and one up front. That tip is end of August/beginning of September (65/71 days before departure now, wouldn't call that 'a few days before travel').

Give it two days or if you want call them and ask the Delta agent to please issue the ticket.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Ah, yeah, you could not be more incorrect. Upgrades must be reissued to reflect the correct class of service.
jamiestr is incorrect with regard to how upgrades via certificates are processed. I think what jamiestr had in mind (though admittedly not germane to this conversation) was a change that Delta made fairly recently that no longer requires tickets to be reissued when upgraded via an upsell offer after the original purchase.

Details here:
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...-upgrades.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.