FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1849277-best-seats-amenities-experiences-deltas-a350.html)

BumpMeVoucherMeATL Jan 29, 2017 9:56 pm

2017 The Year of the A350

Any idea when we'll begin to see the new A350s at Delta or what routes will be A350 routes? I'm so excited and can't wait to blow my Sky Miles on a Delta One Suite on the A350!

davetravels Jan 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL (Post 27837084)
can't wait to blow my Sky Miles on a Delta One Suite on the A350!

How many millionz do you have in the SkyBank?!?

audidudi Jan 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Probably starting in Sept., and definitely on some TPAC routes.

spin88 Jan 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by audidudi (Post 27837210)
Probably starting in Sept., and definitely on some TPAC routes.

I am betting either SEA-HKG or (assuming they are not carrying too much cargo on it, so don't have a weight restriction) ATL-JNB.

If they add a flight, think SEA-SIN, or SEA-BOM/BLR. The only fly in the ointment may be the current Trump immigration actions, which may put a brake on new routes...

Ledfish Jan 30, 2017 4:21 am

Originally Posted by spin88 (Post 27837272)
I am betting either SEA-HKG or (assuming they are not carrying too much cargo on it, so don't have a weight restriction) ATL-JNB.

If they add a flight, think SEA-SIN, or SEA-BOM/BLR. The only fly in the ointment may be the current Trump immigration actions, which may put a brake on new routes...

Doubtful Trump's immigration action will have any effect at all, considering the only permanent ban is Syria. All the rest are only for 90 days, so they will be lifted in April, well before the A350 starts being delivered to Delta.

highpeaklad Jan 30, 2017 5:10 am

Unless they are renewed...or extended.

bubbashow Jan 30, 2017 5:55 am

Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL (Post 27837084)
I'm so excited and can't wait to blow my Sky Miles on a Delta One Suite on the A350!

The press info on the Suites looks meh. I think by using "Suites" branding, they are hoping to position against the likes of SQ and EK. I think the soft product will be a HUGE shortfall.

DLATL777 Jan 30, 2017 6:24 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 27838153)
The press info on the Suites looks meh. I think by using "Suites" branding, they are hoping to position against the likes of SQ and EK. I think the soft product will be a HUGE shortfall.

Yeah it honestly looks like a glorified 767 seat with a 5 inch plastic partition that can be opened or closed. Nothing like a Suite.

Funny how an airline runs away crying from ME carriers but tries to market their subpar product as anything akin to what those far superior carriers offer. :rolleyes:

SEUS777 Jan 30, 2017 7:58 am

If they are delivered and go into service this year, they'll most likely start with service domestically to get crew familiar with operating the aircraft in the real world. Similar to what UA and AA have done when they first starting taking delivery of their 787s.

Could be a good way to fly on it without having to take such a long journey/time off work.

Longboater Jan 30, 2017 9:14 am

DTW-NRT/ICN/PVG this year. Next year.....

FlyerTalkUserName Jan 30, 2017 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Longboater (Post 27838951)
DTW-NRT/ICN/PVG this year. Next year.....

There's a thread on airliners.net speculating A350 routes and it contains much of the standard "DTW then wherever they feel like it". Would guess it will be the routes that currently require the 77L's as they go through the cabin mod. LAX-SYD, ATL-NRT,ATL-JNB, others I'm unaware of.

Contemplating booking a SYD-LAX for January '18 in hopes that it gets the A350 by then, but I'm not optimistic.

kop84 Jan 30, 2017 9:31 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName (Post 27839023)
There's a thread on airliners.net speculating A350 routes and it contains much of the standard "DTW then wherever they feel like it". Would guess it will be the routes that currently require the 77L's as they go through the cabin mod. LAX-SYD, ATL-NRT,ATL-JNB, others I'm unaware of.

Contemplating booking a SYD-LAX for January '17 in hopes that it gets the A350 by then, but I'm not optimistic.

I hope you mean 2018 as for January 2017, you're going to have to leave PDQ and no 350's have been delivered yet! ;)

FlyerTalkUserName Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 27839050)
I hope you mean 2018 as for January 2017, you're going to have to leave PDQ and no 350's have been delivered yet! ;)

Lol. Originally typed "Next January", then changed it to be more specific and typed the wrong year. It was a long weekend.

FBplatinum Jan 30, 2017 9:39 am

The only "negative" side if you are on an A350 in economy and want to use a Global upgrade, you will be upgrade from economy to premium select... (not to business)
I wish to try the new premium select on the A350, but use my global upgrade on other airplane.

zedthedeadpoet Jan 30, 2017 9:50 am

Originally Posted by FBplatinum (Post 27839082)
The only "negative" side if you are on an A350 in economy and want to use a Global upgrade, you will be upgrade from economy to premium select... (not to business)
I wish to try the new premium select on the A350, but use my global upgrade on other airplane.

Hu? That's a joke, right?