Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Old NWA multi leg single barcode boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old NWA multi leg single barcode boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:43 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by kss5555
yes you can even use a sky club card or medallion card with a strip but the point is Delta inherited great technology and promised the world with it but to this date has basically come up short. The merger has brought many good things, better in flight service, better reliability (less the technology IT crashes) and more routes, but still waiting for online redemption of miles to upgrade, use of certificates online to confirm upgrades, etc. All things that were available before the merger that are still not available. And of course the search engine and partner availability that northwest had still hasn't been matched.
Oh, I get it, this is just another "I liked things the way they used to be" thread. OK, we should start a definitive "old curmudgeons who don't like connecting in ATL post here" thread.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:44 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Mods will lock up threads where there's actually useful information being discussed but these sorts of threads just completely litter the forum.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:18 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Widgets
You can use your SkyMiles card to board all your flights, enter Sky Clubs, and view your reservations at a kiosk. Sooo maybe Delta is ahead? Idk
I had no idea I could use my SM card to board. They just swipe the magnetic stripe?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by pvn
Oh, I get it, this is just another "I liked things the way they used to be" thread. OK, we should start a definitive "old curmudgeons who don't like connecting in ATL post here" thread.
or you could contribute here
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C W
I had no idea I could use my SM card to board. They just swipe the magnetic stripe?
Think he means the older ones with a barcode. No where to swipe a mag stripe.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I realllllly miss these:

Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Think he means the older ones with a barcode. No where to swipe a mag stripe.
In the pre-911 era, AA had this working in conjunction with "telephone check-in". You simply inserted your elite card in the front side of the machine instead of scanning something at boarding. Worked like a charm, even 17 years ago. Of course at this time, there was no need for anything to get through security.

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing the boarding scanners still have a spot for this on the front side.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I would not want to carry an extra plastic card with me, this would be a step backwards in tech.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by davetravels
I realllllly miss these
You can still fly them in Europe.

And mobile boarding passes beat the pants off of both single barcode paper BPs and using your SM card (or any same day bar code).

And yay, this thread again.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:22 am

(This thread really belongs in the 'useless' complaint area!)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:55 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I realllllly miss these:

What exactly do you miss about them?

I find them quite unpleasant whenever I get stuck on one in Europe
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I realllllly miss these:

I've only flown these in Europe, and not often, but was quite a fan.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Ridonkulous Y-F ratio, wide seats, novelty of 4 engines on a small narrowbody.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:22 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
You can still fly them in Europe.
You completely missed the point of my post . . . Hence the :" "

<Whispering: See post #16>
Originally Posted by C W
What exactly do you miss about them?
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Ridonkulous Y-F ratio, wide seats, novelty of 4 engines on a small narrowbody.
PLUS - - They made a very cool whirrrrring sound, right after takeoff and right before landing. Maybe, the flaps going up and down???

Originally Posted by C W
I find them quite unpleasant whenever I get stuck on one in Europe
Why?

I think the ones they fly in Europe are 3x3 seating, vs NW was 2x3 in Y <I think>.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Widgets
The vast majority of people also don't know that NW used to have itinerary/boarding pass hybrids... whether people are aware or not is irrelevant. The technology has existed.
I remember seeing them and remember that DL was considering incorporating these single sheet boarding passes as well. But, I think in this age of mobile devices, the number of paper boarding passes is dropping all the time.

The only time I will print out a boarding pass or an itinerary is during IROPS since the DL app does a poor job handling changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.