Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question re: PM booking a skymiles ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this has been asked before but i have 3 week old twin daughters at home and sleep is just not happening these days.

I'm a PM and need to book a flight NYC to MSY in December. Will be using miles as due to having 2 babies at home there's a decent chance i'll need to cancel this trip.

So, as a Platnium Medallion:
1 - do i get complimentary upgrades to economy comfort as a platnium medallion using skymiles??? I know i would if i paid cash, but is it different using skymiles?

2 - can i apply an RUC when using skymiles? I know NYC->MSY isnt the most exciting route for F but this is the last flights i'll be taking before they expire.

Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by injera
Apologies if this has been asked before but i have 3 week old twin daughters at home and sleep is just not happening these days.

I'm a PM and need to book a flight NYC to MSY in December. Will be using miles as due to having 2 babies at home there's a decent chance i'll need to cancel this trip.

So, as a Platnium Medallion:
1 - do i get complimentary upgrades to economy comfort as a platnium medallion using skymiles??? I know i would if i paid cash, but is it different using skymiles?

2 - can i apply an RUC when using skymiles? I know NYC->MSY isnt the most exciting route for F but this is the last flights i'll be taking before they expire.

Thanks.
You and one companion are C+ upgrade eligible. You can't use RUC's on award tickets.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:43 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by injera
i have 3 week old twin daughters at home
Congrats: Daughter 1

Congrats: Daughter 2

aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
You and one companion are C+ upgrade eligible. You can't use RUC's on award tickets.
You should also be eligible for a free elite upgrade.

Does the FC ticket cost a lot more miles? It's a long enough route and should have a meal, so it might be worth using a few more miles if the upgrade matters to you.

BTW, congrats.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
With the award ticket you also get Platinum-level priority for 1st class upgrades.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:51 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone. I've found that general PM upgrades are non-existent these days unless i'm flying odd hours or a regional short haul out of LGA (F in a CR9 on the 45 minute LGA-BTV flight is nice, but not much to get excited about).

A lot will change with the babies btw now and December but the odds of needing to cancel this trip seem too great to not book with miles.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
What everyone else said. Congrats on the twins and +1 for just booking FC with miles if the difference isn't that much. Assuming you take the trip, peace of mind knowing you have the comfy seat and you might even get to wink at DM as they make their way to the back.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
you might even get to wink at DM as they make their way to the back.
HEAVENS to Betsy!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.