Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
On in a recent KLM flight from JFK-AMS, I was able to select Y+ seats for myself as a DM, pay a small fee to get my non-status wife next to me, and was reimbursed the fee through the AmEx Platinum airline fee credit. Not sure if that always works, but it was nice.

Originally Posted by SDQBound
When you change status, AF system will still recognize the previous unless you call and have them remove your FQTV and add it again.

The fee payment is not an issue but an actual rule. AF/KL seat plus benefit doesn't extend to anyone else traveling on the same resevation. When my wife was Silver and I was GM, I was able to select Y+ but it always asked for a payment when I tried to select a seat for my wife.

On the other hand, they are really good at blocking the seat next to you if there are seats still available. If you are traveling solo, this is an advantage, but if someone traveling with you on a different PNR wants to sit next to you, it's a pain to get it done. Most of the time it works via twitter, if not, we have to wait until we get to the airport.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ncwillett
Seats in economy can't usually be preselected on AF/KLM if it's an intra-Europe flight, i.e. CDG-FCO or similar. I believe you have to wait until check-in.
Yep. That's been my experience. I have been on Delta business-class and KLM intra-Europe economy-class with no assigned seat upon arriving at AMS. KLM has, on occasion, gave me a middle-seat in the back. I've had to fight for a better seat. It's really disappointing.

From memory, it seemed like KLM treated Northwest passengers better than it treats Delta passengers, even diamonds.

In my opinion, the only good thing about KLM is that it sells upgrades (at reasonable rates) to business-class on Delta flights departing Amsterdam.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yep. That's been my experience. I have been on Delta business-class and KLM intra-Europe economy-class with no assigned seat upon arriving at AMS. KLM has, on occasion, gave me a middle-seat in the back. I've had to fight for a better seat. It's really disappointing.

From memory, it seemed like KLM treated Northwest passengers better than it treats Delta passengers, even diamonds.

In my opinion, the only good thing about KLM is that it sells upgrades (at reasonable rates) to business-class on Delta flights departing Amsterdam.
As mentioned before, this is not the case anymore. Based on my experience flying several times per month intra-Europe on both AF and KL, if you are a SkyTeam Elite, you will be able to choose your seat in advance and most likely it will stick.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound
As mentioned before, this is not the case anymore. Based on my experience flying several times per month intra-Europe on both AF and KL, if you are a SkyTeam Elite, you will be able to choose your seat in advance and most likely it will stick.
Well, it was my experience, in May 2017.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:45 am

Pre-Select AF Seats Intra-Europe

Data point on AF ...

Upcoming VCE-CDG-XXX (US destination). On Delta site, VCE-CDG segment shows not available to select seats. Same using Delta confirmation # on AF site.

Then, I noticed our SkyMiles numbers were not included on the AF site details, so I added them in. Bingo! As SkyTeam Elite+, I was then able to select seats for me and my non-STE+ family members.

Back to Delta.com and the newly selected seats are now shown.

I will monitor the seat assignments to make sure they "stick," but it is nice to know you can now have assigned seats on AF intra-Europe flights. I was never was able to do this before.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mot29
A variant on this -- as a DL Diamond I've been opuped on AF CDG to/from Asia 3 times, which is 50% of the flights. From PE to business.
My DL status has meant more for me on AF/KL flights than on DL flights -- at least when it comes to op-ups on long-haul international flights.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by Auston
Data point on AF ...

Upcoming VCE-CDG-XXX (US destination). On Delta site, VCE-CDG segment shows not available to select seats. Same using Delta confirmation # on AF site.

Then, I noticed our SkyMiles numbers were not included on the AF site details, so I added them in. Bingo! As SkyTeam Elite+, I was then able to select seats for me and my non-STE+ family members.

Back to Delta.com and the newly selected seats are now shown.

I will monitor the seat assignments to make sure they "stick," but it is nice to know you can now have assigned seats on AF intra-Europe flights. I was never was able to do this before.
To add to this data point, this just worked seamlessly for us on an award ticket PRG-CDG (GM with non-status companion). Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 am

I met recently with a PM medallion that told me that AF has upgraded her twice from Premium Economy to Business on a CDG-JFK. Anyone else could confirm if that's even possible? I know for sure that DM/PM can pick any economy seat for free while GM get just a discount. But the possibility of a single business upgrade would make PM more valuable in my opinion.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balatn
I met recently with a PM medallion that told me that AF has upgraded her twice from Premium Economy to Business on a CDG-JFK. Anyone else could confirm if that's even possible? I know for sure that DM/PM can pick any economy seat for free while GM get just a discount. But the possibility of a single business upgrade would make PM more valuable in my opinion.
There's no comp upgrade program for DL PM's on AF. These were op-up's either due coach being oversold, or other operational needs.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:17 am

i suspect it was a case of oversold Premium Economy then - thanks for the confirmation
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:27 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
could be that W was sold out but not oversold, and Y was oversold. Op up some Y pax to W and some W to J.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
as a DM, I’ve had 4 opups PE to Business flyin AF Asia to CDG.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta
I was upgraded to La Premiere when I missed my flight due to a security alert in the terminal and had to overnight at CDG. And was seated next to Dominique Strauss-Kahn!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:39 pm

I’ve had 2 op-ups from economy to Premium Economy in 5 Air France legs as a diamond in the last year, though I thought it might be that particular route as it was a CDG-BLR flight and return that seemed quite heavy on family travel.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by mot29
as a DM, I’ve had 4 opups PE to Business flyin AF Asia to CDG.
Upgrade From PE to J, multiple time on CDG-PVG (or PVG-CDG) on AF as DM.
All time flight oversold.
From the informations I have from FA (each time I get upgrade), I think the upgrade priority is:
#1 FB Platinum for life
#2 SM Diamond
#3 FB Platinum
#4 SM Platinum

- On all flight oversold, I have be upgrade.
- Sometime, I have be upgrade (with "A" fare), and some FB platinum (in PE with "A" fare) not upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.