Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-SFO-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

LAX-SFO-CDG

i will be flying from LAX via SFO (on delta) to CDG (air france) tomorrow.

i was told international flights are to be checked in at terminal 2. however my first segment is SFO. should i treat it as international and go to terminal 2 or simply go to terminal 3 and do all my check-in bags there.

thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
i will be flying from LAX via SFO (on delta) to CDG (air france) tomorrow.

i was told international flights are to be checked in at terminal 2. however my first segment is SFO. should i treat it as international and go to terminal 2 or simply go to terminal 3 and do all my check-in bags there.

thanks.
Go to the departure terminal for your first flight, LAX-SFO.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Do note when you get to SFO, you may very well end up at Terminal 1. SFO - CDG on AF is on the international terminal. You will need to exit security. Go upstairs and take the airtrain to the international terminal and go through security again.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:40 am

Shluld the OP try to get on one of the two nonstop LAX CDG flights? For me SFO is my home airport and I would not fathom flying down to LAX only to connect via the airside TBIT bus I am flying to CDG next month on AF 83 and 84 respectfully and when I booked the ticket flying SJC LAX or ATLCDG was only a $100 difference which is so minute and does not justify flying out of my way on a connection.

To.me its pure luxury showing up at SFO at noon for a 3:10 PM flight going and returning at 12:35 PM. Only having to get up early on the return is fine.

I still don't get it why people would reclear security again at SFO when they could fly on the A380 nonstop from the renovated TBIT for a small difference in price? $1100 vs $1035. unless its on a Business Class special$4000 vs $4050.

Now if my hometown airport were Fresno then that is a whole different animal no real options than to connect via SFO or LAX to any hub.

Last edited by danielonn; Jun 15, 2017 at 1:45 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danielonn
Shluld the OP try to get on one of the two nonstop LAX CDG flights? For me SFO is my home airport and I would not fathom flying down to LAX only to connect via the airside TBIT bus I am flying to CDG next month on AF 83 and 84 respectfully and when I booked the ticket flying SJC LAX or ATLCDG was only a $100 difference which is so minute and does not justify flying out of my way on a connection.

To.me its pure luxury showing up at SFO at noon for a 3:10 PM flight going and returning at 12:35 PM. Only having to get up early on the return is fine.

I still don't get it why people would reclear security again at SFO when they could fly on the A380 nonstop from the renovated TBIT for a small difference in price? $1100 vs $1035. unless its on a Business Class special$4000 vs $4050.

Now if my hometown airport were Fresno then that is a whole different animal no real options than to connect via SFO or LAX to any hub.
i had no choice. it was either this route (get on the 777 and wait for 3 hours in CDG) or LAX CDG on a 380 angle flat bed with a 6 hour lay over. i bought this round the world ticket, and only "I" class could be used for business class.

knowing the congestions between LAX and SFO, i decided to give myself a 2 1/2 hour layover so i could walk over to the international terminal. speaking of that, do you know if they have showers in the air france loudge?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I would gladly take the LAX-SFO flight just to avoid the A380 and fly the 77W. AF's 77W is superior to the A380 in terms of passenger comfort in Business and Economy. Only Premium Economy is slightly better on the A380.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
knowing the congestions between LAX and SFO, i decided to give myself a 2 1/2 hour layover so i could walk over to the international terminal. speaking of that, do you know if they have showers in the air france loudge?
According to the SkyTeam Lounge Finder, no:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/l...A - Intl (SFO)

the DL SkyClub does.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I would gladly take the LAX-SFO flight just to avoid the A380 and fly the 77W. AF's 77W is superior to the A380 in terms of passenger comfort in Business and Economy. Only Premium Economy is slightly better on the A380.
How is the 777 better than the A380 in Economy on AF when both are 10 across in Y yet the 777 has the narrower fuselage?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
How is the 777 better than the A380 in Economy on AF when both are 10 across in Y yet the 777 has the narrower fuselage?
i am traveling in biz.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
i am traveling in biz.
I knew that from your OP (no snark intended). I was responding to another poster with that question regarding their comment about economy on the AF A380 versus the 777. I've flown 10 across on the 777 in Y on another airline and it was miserable so I don't know how 10 across on a 777 could be better than 10 across on a wider aircraft unless there's something else in the seat.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I knew that from your OP (no snark intended). I was responding to another poster with that question regarding their comment about economy on the AF A380 versus the 777. I've flown 10 across on the 777 in Y on another airline and it was miserable so I don't know how 10 across on a 777 could be better than 10 across on a wider aircraft unless there's something else in the seat.
The width of the fuselage is not the problem, but the seats themselves. The seats on the 77W are the new ones, which are way more comfortable than the rock hard seats in the A380 and the Caribbean / Indian Ocean version of the 77W.

A380

77W

Last edited by SDQBound; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Do note when you get to SFO, you may very well end up at Terminal 1. SFO - CDG on AF is on the international terminal. You will need to exit security. Go upstairs and take the airtrain to the international terminal and go through security again.
The OP could walk from boarding area C to the international terminal. OP has to walk to boarding area B or D to catch the train anyway. It's not a far walk from B to the international terminal.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:19 pm

I prefer the Airbus 380 in Economy Class. I try to get Row 37 which I did on this flight and will shoot for row 90-94 on the upper deck Window with 2 seats rather than 3.

The 777 seems so crowded with the 10 abreast seating. I much prefer the 3-4-3. Or the Airbus 340 or 767 with the 2-4-2.

Also the IFE on the Airbus seems more technologically advanced in my opinion.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
According to the SkyTeam Lounge Finder, no:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/l...A - Intl (SFO)

the DL SkyClub does.
As does the Amex Centrion Lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
The OP could walk from boarding area C to the international terminal. OP has to walk to boarding area B or D to catch the train anyway. It's not a far walk from B to the international terminal.
The walkway from B to Intl-A is closed due to construction (see the thread wiki: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...cting-sfo.html)

Your options are the AirTrain, or walk the long way around.

As does the Amex Centrion Lounge.
That would require OP to clear security twice. The advantage of the Sky Club is he will already be arriving in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.