Cannot select MU biz seats

Old Jun 14, 17, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Cannot select MU biz seats

I'm trying to book an award biz seat on MU (pvg-wuh) using DL miles. I had no issues booking but cannot select my seat. On the seat selection page, DL shows all business seats as taken and (obviously) won't let me select a seat in economy. Has anyone run into this issue before?
Old Jun 14, 17, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
I'm trying to book an award biz seat on MU (pvg-wuh) using DL miles. I had no issues booking but cannot select my seat. On the seat selection page, DL shows all business seats as taken and (obviously) won't let me select a seat in economy. Has anyone run into this issue before?
You need to goto the MU website to select. Make sure to goto the China country version. Can select English, but need to be on China version since your first MU flight departs from China.

For MU seats you always need the country version of your first MU flight. If you fly YYZ-PVG-WUH that would be the Canadian, while if you fly YYZ-JFK-PVG-WUH that would be the US version.
Old Jun 14, 17, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
get the mu record locator from delta and call them directly. that's how i get my seats normally.
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I agree with calling.

The MU website is "challenging" on this issue. I have tried multiple regions, in multiple languages with erratic results.

Maybe it works decently for tickets booked via the MU website, but for other tickets it is very user surly.

On the phone they are very easy to deal with. Calling a N America office is fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: