Wiki Posts
Search

Even more upgrade obfuscation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Even more upgrade obfuscation

I know there is already a thread about DL hiding fare details from flight receipts (see here). But I like the word "obfuscation," and this fits the definition:

It seems as of today (or yesterday) DL has removed the cabin from the "upgrade" emails they send us. I just received an email about an upgrade to C+ (that had already processed yesterday, but that's off-topic) and thought something was off. I compared it to the last upgrade email I got on Sunday and realized the cabin is now missing. I don't think this is a glitch - I took the attached screenshots within the past hour using the same browser, just in different tabs. I've already sent in a complaint.

Hope we've all memorized where F/C+/Y rows begin and end on every layout of every DL aircraft, else we have to consult a seat map (which have also been recently obfuscated) to know where we sit. Thanks Delta!
Attached Images   

Last edited by 13thandseven; Jun 13, 2017 at 5:53 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:06 pm

Deleted
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
For what it's worth my "upgrade" email received last night for a flight today says "Delta Comfort+®"
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
May have been a glitch on your email? I just received my "Your Upgraded Seat" e-mail three hours after the checkin window opened this morning (and 33 days after I opted in and moved into these C+ seats, but as you say, that is somewhat off topic). Comfort+ is noted in bold.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If DL is sending emails like the OP received, I predict lots of unhappy elites at the gate and on board when they discover that their "upgrade" was only C+. Not everyone knows from memory which rows are FC and which are C+ on various aircraft types, nor does everyone every pay much attention to aircraft type or look at seat maps obsessively.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
My C+ upgrade email from the 15th says "Comfort+".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.