Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Paid business class fare, will DL let me take an earlier business class flight

Paid business class fare, will DL let me take an earlier business class flight

Old Jun 9, 17, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Yes, they are wrong. But, don't bother arguing with the agent, just politely thank them for checking, and hang up, call again (HUCA).
If I'm asking for a favor or an exception, or something in the agent's discretion, then absolutely. However, just HUCAing when an agent refuses to follow published SDC policies only perpetuates the problem.
Old Jun 9, 17, 5:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
If I'm asking for a favor or an exception, or something in the agent's discretion, then absolutely. However, just HUCAing when an agent refuses to follow published SDC policies only perpetuates the problem.
Agreed. You don't have to be rude, just be firm. The rules are X, you expect X. You're not asking for a special favor here.
Old Jun 9, 17, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Since no status, it'll cost you $75 to change to a different flight. As you have a ticket up front, you don't need the same fare/bucket, just any seat up front on the earlier flights you want.
For what it's worth, I've never had a terminal agent attempt to collect the SDC fee on paid F/J domestic ticket. Haven't had status in years.
Old Jun 9, 17, 8:58 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Technically what is called domestic FC is really business in the rest of the world.
Not sure I'd agree with that.

Domestic First = International Premium Economy in terms of seat
Euro Business = Coach with a blocked middle
Intra-Asia Business = Old style International Business (recliners, 2-3-2, etc) typically
Trans-Tasman Business = Domestic First maybe
Old Jun 9, 17, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Not sure I'd agree with that.

Domestic First = International Premium Economy in terms of seat
Euro Business = Coach with a blocked middle
Intra-Asia Business = Old style International Business (recliners, 2-3-2, etc) typically
Trans-Tasman Business = Domestic First maybe
Tge seat has nothing to do with it. AA has made this clear with last years fare class change. FGAP was changed to JCDZ to cause less confusion with international airlines/TA AND during rebookings. Thr only time youll see FC generally outside N. America is when its actually a third cabin along with business. Its why DL calls the front cabin Business to locations in the Caribbean even though the product is really FC.
Old Jun 9, 17, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
However, just HUCAing when an agent refuses to follow published SDC policies only perpetuates the problem.
Just wondering out loud:

I wonder how effective the 1-5 survey is here. e.g. suppose you said "I believe the policy is ___" and the agent disagrees. Politely hang up. Now, not suggesting a 1 necessarily, but if everything else about the call was ok, maybe a 3.

But maybe they don't pull the tape for a 3 but would automatically pull the tape for a 1? Anyway point being if they review it and look at the reason for it.

Granted that even as I type this, it seems like a very passive-aggressive and inefficient corrective mechanism

More practically I wonder how often asking them to double check with a supervisor helps. It may result in "we've agreed to do this for you as a one-time favor" and you have to grit your teeth and thank them but hopefully that's their way of saving face and now they know the correct policy for next time.
Old Jun 10, 17, 12:41 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by motytrah View Post
For what it's worth, I've never had a terminal agent attempt to collect the SDC fee on paid F/J domestic ticket. Haven't had status in years.
I had a terminal agent try and charge me on a paid F ticket when I was an FO because I was late checking in and she wanted me to take a later flight. Thankfully the flight was delayed and I made it. No public transit journey anywhere in the world has ever confused me as much as trying to get to EWR on the train from Manhattan

Search this Thread
Search Engine: