Search

Parents need to watch their kids

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
IBTL.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
IBTL..
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
I love passive aggressive threads.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:27 am

I'd much rather parents let their kids run around and get worn out at the gate in a public place, rather than on board in an enclosed tube.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by McMichaelNY
At LAX flying Delta and several groups of parents are letting their kids run around and throw their toys while they're on their smartphones
Why do you go say something to them rather than posting on a message board?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Statman

OP probably looked at their phones and saw they were reading FT
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
It's the gate area, what did you expect?

That's why you spend as much time in a lounge as you can. And while there you have better grounds to complain about unruly brats.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I'd much rather parents let their kids run around and get worn out at the gate in a public place, rather than on board in an enclosed tube.
This. And what is the point of telling Flyertalk about this, but not the parents?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Statman
Because the responses on the message board will be far kinder and restrained than the responses from the parent.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good luck getting a GA or a lounge dragon to do anything even if you do complain.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

Let me preface by saying I am NOT a parent, so my POV is not coming from there.

Sitting long times is difficult for little kids. It is harder on a plane, where if they put their feet up, they are kicking the person in front, if they push hard on an entertainment screen, the person in front feels that too. The best way for a kid on a plane is eyes closed and asleep. While I can't condone throwing things I am more than willing to let them run around a get out as much energy as possible. Hopefully the noise will allow silence on the aircraft. It is easy to move away while waiting by the gate, it is harder to move away when you are all together on a metal tube hurling through the sky at 35,000 feet.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: OnePass
Poor snowflake, you must go batshit crazy at a church, theater, or the nearest mall.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Yes I want kids to run around and get all their energy out before I board the plane. But part of the OP's complaint is that the kids are throwing stuff around and IMO that's never okay even in the gate area.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by awayIgo
Let me preface by saying I am NOT a parent, so my POV is not coming from there.

Sitting long times is difficult for little kids. It is harder on a plane, where if they put their feet up, they are kicking the person in front, if they push hard on an entertainment screen, the person in front feels that too. The best way for a kid on a plane is eyes closed and asleep. While I can't condone throwing things I am more than willing to let them run around a get out as much energy as possible. Hopefully the noise will allow silence on the aircraft. It is easy to move away while waiting by the gate, it is harder to move away when you are all together on a metal tube hurling through the sky at 35,000 feet.
People say that, yet my old vacation yield flights from NRT-HNL were full of kids. Young, quiet, obedient Japanese kids. Even the "spoiled" rich kids in J were heads down playing their Nintendo the entire flight. It's quite an enjoyable change from long flights in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.