I'm Gold And Silver? Please help.

Old Jun 6, 17, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

I'm Gold And Silver? Please help.

Please see picture. Does one earn status for next year and not get to use it for this year?

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.23.45 PM.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  367.7 KB
Old Jun 6, 17, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL FO
It would appear that you have to wait.....till tomorrow to take advantage of your newly achieved status...per the picture.
Old Jun 6, 17, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM
You'll enjoy the benefits of gold status starting tomorrow (it seems to take a few hours around midnight Atlanta time to process). You will be gold through 2018 (I think actually until Feb 1 2019)

​​​​
Old Jun 6, 17, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CalVol View Post
It would appear that you have to wait.....till tomorrow to take advantage of your newly achieved status...per the picture.
Ok, I can handle that. New to all this flying and didn't know if you earn for the following year and get it then which would suck. Have 6 round trips for the next 6 weeks and should also hit PM in that time.

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by ograff View Post
You'll enjoy the benefits of gold status starting tomorrow (it seems to take a few hours around midnight Atlanta time to process). You will be gold through 2018 (I think actually until Feb 1 2019)

​​​​
Great.

Do I have to rebook all my current travel to have it apply my gold status?
Old Jun 6, 17, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by icebeam View Post

Do I have to rebook all my current travel to have it apply my gold status?
No, you should not. If you had already checked in for a flight I might advise you to call and uncheck yourself in and then re-check in, but otherwise no.

I will say that what you posted is rather strange. I don't remember seeing this in the past and wonder why they would have added this.

What concerns me is if they are somehow trying to differentiate between medallions who only recently upped status and those who have held status for longer.
Old Jun 6, 17, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I will say that what you posted is rather strange. I don't remember seeing this in the past and wonder why they would have added this.

What concerns me is if they are somehow trying to differentiate between medallions who only recently upped status and those who have held status for longer.
When I was working my way up, at each stage when I crossed the relevant MQM threshold, my new status took effect the day after the MQMs posted, so it just meant waiting an extra day per posts #2 and #3 .

OP, did you just cross over 50K today? (i.e. when the MQMs were posted to your account, even if you flew them on some previous day)
Old Jun 6, 17, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm I am now gold status for this year when looking at the website. Wow there is a difference between gold and silver. I called just to see what the wait time was and instead of 1 to 2 hours wait, I had no more telephone promps and got right to a representative within the US in seconds and was greated with my name!

I already had the MQMs. On Monday a large charge posted to my Amex. Early Tuesday morning I started seeing the picture I shared. Then as of early Wednesday I have the status. So basically, it takes 24 hours for Amex to update delta than 24 hours for delta to change the status fully. For the 25k MQD waiver.

How often do you clear days in advance for first class seats? Or is it almost always at the gate? I fly out of PHX ( I don't feel like there is major competition here)
Old Jun 6, 17, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
How often do you clear days in advance for first class seats? Or is it almost always at the gate? I fly out of PHX ( I don't feel like there is major competition here)
GMs can clear anywhere from as early as 3 days (and with recent changes that appears to mean literally ~72 hours, it used to be 5pm the day before) depending on inventory, to not clearing until the gate if DL revenue management holds back inventory because it thinks it can sell more F seats.

EDIT: I think I slightly misread your question. You can try searching the success thread for "PHX" (include the quotation marks or FT will probably reject it as being too short a search term)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...k-thereof.html

and the 2016 version:

Depending on your travel patterns the best benefits of GM over FO are having Sky Priority, waived SDC fees, and Sky Club access on international itineraries.
Old Jun 7, 17, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
GMs can clear anywhere from as early as 3 days (and with recent changes that appears to mean literally ~72 hours, it used to be 5pm the day before) depending on inventory, to not clearing until the gate if DL revenue management holds back inventory because it thinks it can sell more F seats.

EDIT: I think I slightly misread your question. You can try searching the success thread for "PHX" (include the quotation marks or FT will probably reject it as being too short a search term)

and the 2016 version:

Depending on your travel patterns the best benefits of GM over FO are having Sky Priority, waived SDC fees, and Sky Club access on international itineraries.
Thanks! I do have the delta reserve card so that should help too. I will be platinum as well soon but those threads seem awfully scary when they are offering upgrades so cheap. Sad they would rather get $50 bucks then reward a loyal customer.
Old Jun 8, 17, 8:41 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I can confirm I am now gold status for this year when looking at the website. Wow there is a difference between gold and silver. I called just to see what the wait time was and instead of 1 to 2 hours wait, I had no more telephone promps and got right to a representative within the US in seconds and was greated with my name!
You regularly waited 1 to 2 hours as a silver? That seems crazy.
Old Jun 8, 17, 8:53 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
You regularly waited 1 to 2 hours as a silver? That seems crazy.
Yeah, I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes as a silver. Of course, I rarely call, and have never needed to call during a major weather event of IT meltdown.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: