Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-hub to Non-Hub nonstop flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
LAX and BOS should be considered hubs as well, since DL considers them to be hubs.
+1. Some verbiage seems to include BOS, some does not.

Also, RDU is sometimes being labelled a focus city, so I'm not sure how notable those P2P routes are.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by kop84
RDU-EWR...when DL already had RDU-LGA & JFK

DL seems far more willing to try out a point to point route vs AA and especially UA.
I've flown EWR-RDU plently and it's one of the easiest upgrades in the system. Last 3 times there were only about 20 people on the entire flight (CRJ700)
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Crossinator
I've flown EWR-RDU plently and it's one of the easiest upgrades in the system. Last 3 times there were only about 20 people on the entire flight (CRJ700)
RDU-JFK, too. Back when I was an FO, I snatched the upgrade even on Mondays and Thursday nights. LGA is a bit tougher, but still have yet to miss as a GM.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Originally Posted by ekozie
RDU-JFK, too. Back when I was an FO, I snatched the upgrade even on Mondays and Thursday nights. LGA is a bit tougher, but still have yet to miss as a GM.
Similarly I've gotten the upgrade this year on all 3 as an SPG Platinum (truly bottom of the list) though primarily off peak times (weekend in particular). Unfortunately ineligible when flying with my girlfriend but even then the C+ upgrade is usually $8-10 extra at purchase which is pays for itself alone if you get a drink on the flight.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
CDG is a Delta hub as much as SLC is an Air France hub.
Air France doesn't fly to SLC though

But I see what you were trying to get at
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:45 am

Can anyone advise the reasoning behind BNA-MSN? Am I missing some industry specific need? I understand BDL and insurance, RDU and tech, but this one I don’t get.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Can anyone advise the reasoning behind BNA-MSN? Am I missing some industry specific need? I understand BDL and insurance, RDU and tech, but this one I don’t get.
Healthcare industries is my likely guess.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Is it a one off or permanent? DL and others run a number of XYZ - MSN flights around Epic's UGM conference. I've seen RDU - MSN on UA in the past for the same reason.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One-off today only -- DL916 BNA-MSN and DL1667 MSN-BNA
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
One-off today only -- DL916 BNA-MSN and DL1667 MSN-BNA
Would bet it's UGM related then since that's going on through tomorrow
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I don't know the reasoning, but it was nice to have BOI-LAX (and vice versa) this summer to take the kids to Disneyland - especially with BOI-LAX being early in the morning and LAX-BOI late at night, allowing mostly full days in LA. The kids are good travelers, but it's so much easier not have to make a connection.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kchoya
I don't know the reasoning, but it was nice to have BOI-LAX (and vice versa) this summer to take the kids to Disneyland - especially with BOI-LAX being early in the morning and LAX-BOI late at night, allowing mostly full days in LA. The kids are good travelers, but it's so much easier not have to make a connection.
LAX is a DL hub, not sure why your surprised by this.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, suffering Marriott Titanium
I flew many IAH-LGA-IAH trips about three years ago, and they're still going. 4x-5x daily nonstops in both directions, using E170s and 175s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.