Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honey Roasted Peanuts to be replaced with...

Honey Roasted Peanuts to be replaced with...

Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I just noticed DL has added "peanut allergy" to special services while booking. Ouch. Seems like everyone is now going to have a peanut allergy. Next to their service animal.
Correction, their service animal will have a peanut allergy...
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:00 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Hoping this thread about nuts gets to at least 10 pages....
You are nuts......
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Hoping this thread about nuts gets to at least 10 pages....
Tis is nutz!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I just noticed DL has added "peanut allergy" to special services while booking. Ouch. Seems like everyone is now going to have a peanut allergy. Next to their service animal.
This was added last year. I started a thread on it. Like most peanut threads, people went nuts and it was locked.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:44 am

I took a week off from flying due to the US Memorial Day holiday week, and was surprised to discover new snacks on my cross country flight last night.

I personally prefer the almonds myself, as I've never really liked peanuts. As posted above, even though there is the word "nuts" in their name, peanuts are roasted beans, almonds are honest tree nuts.

What I am not seeing discussed in this thread are the horrific new pretzels. Some kind of olive oil/salt flavored catastrophe. Dry and tasteless. Did not go well with my Woodford at all. Hopefully the old pretzels will be back.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:48 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
I took a week off from flying due to the US Memorial Day holiday week, and was surprised to discover new snacks on my cross country flight last night.

I personally prefer the almonds myself, as I've never really liked peanuts. As posted above, even though there is the word "nuts" in their name, peanuts are roasted beans, almonds are honest tree nuts.

What I am not seeing discussed in this thread are the horrific new pretzels. Some kind of olive oil/salt flavored catastrophe. Dry and tasteless. Did not go well with my Woodford at all. Hopefully the old pretzels will be back.
Darn I've always had some strange love for the old pretzels.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69

I just had those new pretzels too.....no flavor! What a small bag too.....makes me appreciate the big bag of "normal" mini pretzels you get on AA.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Where's the beef??
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL GM
Well, you probably don't have to worry about every other flight being nut free just because of the special service addition. I added it to a reservation over Christmas. Apparently, they only noticed it on 1 out of 4 segments. The other 3 segments had nuts o' plenty.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
On top of which, we're talking about the snack BASKET - not the peanuts/pretzels/Biscoff they toss to the proletariat in the back... so I put forth they should have replaced the Honey Roasted Nuts with St Eriks Crisps. At $57 a bag isn't this more worthy of inclusion in our snack BASKET? (They are currently sold out, but DL flies to Sweden, so c'mon!)

Getting closer to 10 pages....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by Widgets
I loved the honey roasted peanuts.
Me too!!!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I haven't seen the beef jerky in a few flights.

The new pretzels are not good.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by mcrobot
why on earth would you say something like that? I have a six-year-old daughter who is highly allergic to peanuts. A careless flight attendant put her life at risk a few weeks ago by not appreciating the severity of her allergies Despite multiple conversations with me. This is the first time in four years I've had an issue like this in Delta. If I saw you doing what you said I would take issue with you and we'd probably have a confrontation on the plane.

Don't put other peoples life at risk. I don't risk your life, but I would put it at risk if you put my daughters life in jeopardy.
United does not serve peanuts on any of its flights. I know some DL flyers might prefer to put their life at risk than fly United, but for you it might be worth considering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.