Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

lounge access for VS flight booked thru DL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 5:49 pm
formerly dave h.
Original Poster

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can SEA it from here!
Programs: SkyMiles, IHG nobody, HH nobody

upcoming VS flight, SEA-LHR-SEA (VS106/105) purchased thru Delta.

i have no medallion status, but am flying paid UC on VS, do i have any lounge options on either end?

thanks

Last edited by Dave737; May 30, 2017 at 5:55 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
UC on VS ex LHR would entitle you to use the VS lounge.

At SEA, I would expect that the VS check in desk will direct you to a DL lounge; you would enter either with your boarding pass or a lounge invitation issued by VS but I have no personal experience with this at SEA. Still, it would be inconceivable that they wouldn't have a lounge arrangement for their long haul business class passengers.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:59 pm
formerly dave h.
Original Poster

thanks.

and is the LHR revivals lounge included?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Dave737
thanks.

and is the LHR revivals lounge included?
Yes.

It's worth allowing extra time to enjoy the Clubhouse before your return from LHR.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:28 pm
formerly dave h.
Original Poster

thanks guys.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:57 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Yes.

It's worth allowing extra time to enjoy the Clubhouse before your return from LHR.
This. Given my druthers I budget about 4 hours for the Clubhouse at LHR. There's lot of eating and drinking to be done, and the spa. I really like that lounge
Old May 31, 2017, 6:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You're in London, one of the greatest cities in the world, and you'd spend four hours in an airport lounge instead of spending that time in town???
Old May 31, 2017, 6:55 am
pvn
Suspended

I mean, yeah, it's better than most airport lounges but it's still an airport lounge.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:00 am
C W

Originally Posted by pvn
You're in London, one of the greatest cities in the world, and you'd spend four hours in an airport lounge instead of spending that time in town???
Originally Posted by pvn
I mean, yeah, it's better than most airport lounges but it's still an airport lounge.
When I fly through London originating in Germany and am choosing how long of layover I want, yes, I will pick 4 hours as opposed to 2 or 3. It's also nice to fully dine in the Clubhouse to sleep more onboard.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:08 am
pvn
Suspended

Well, connections are obviously different than originating, but connecting in LHR T3 when originating in Germany is an extremely unusual choice.

How much are you eating?
Old May 31, 2017, 9:11 am
C W

Originally Posted by pvn
Well, connections are obviously different than originating, but connecting in LHR T3 when originating in Germany is an extremely unusual choice.

How much are you eating?
Sometimes there is good award availability through LHR, for revenue it would be extremely unusual.

And a lot The Clubhouse's variety of small plates lend themselves well to extended grazing.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wouldn't get up several hours earlier to use a lounge.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by pvn
Four hours in a lounge in LHR could be converted to, *maybe*, two hours in London proper. At the cost of some expensive transit and a lot more stress. It's not a good tradeoff.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Four hours in a lounge in LHR could be converted to, *maybe*, two hours in London proper. At the cost of some expensive transit and a lot more stress. It's not a good tradeoff.
OP has London as a destination, not a connection.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:52 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
Again, the assumption was that the passenger was originating in London since LHR is not a common connection point for DL pax. If this comment had been in a thread in the AA forum it would have been a different response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.