Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do upsells to First earn additional MQM's and MQD's ?

Do upsells to First earn additional MQM's and MQD's ?

Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:24 am

Probably a stupid question, but on itineraries with more than one traveler, if you pay to upgrade both, each person gets half of the total dollars spent as MQDs, right? Or does the person purchasing the upgrades get them all? I'm pretty sure it's the former, but was hoping not as my wife is like $180 short of one of the thresholds and we have an offer to upgrade for $110 per person. Another complicating factor, it's a companion ticket booking, so I don't think I can even earn MQDs or MQMs on my ticket, so the upgrade would be wasted on me for those purposes and my wife would still be about $70 short. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:45 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
MQDs always go to the person flying, not the person buying.

They are not a measure of how much a particular person has spent. They (for the most part) are a measure of the cost of the tickets that a particular person has flown.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
MQDs aren't even a good measure of ticket cost as fares and carrier imposed fees are included but taxes and government imposed fees are not.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:32 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
MQDs aren't even a good measure of ticket cost as fares and carrier imposed fees are included but taxes and government imposed fees are not.
Delta doesn't keep taxes or government fees, so why would they care about those?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:38 pm
pvn
Suspended

if you were going to pick a nit, you would have done better to point out that you can earn MQDs based on distance for some tickets. Being a measure of ticket cost and excluding taxes aren't really mutually exclusive activities since taxes aren't some random amount that get unpredictably added to the fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.