Search

Tone Deaf Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 2:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by LBJ
Guess I have a very different idea of what the twitter account is meant for. Namely, issues that require immediate attention (SDC, seat selection, flight changes, etc), rather than a generic complaint line (for which the contact us form seems more appropriate). Also, looking at the public tweets doesn't really show what's going on with private messages and doesn't strike me as necessarily representative.
exactly
Old May 26, 2017, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The initial response is automated based on a quick human scan to make certain that it is an issue which does not require immediate attention.

OP got two of those here.

Substantive responses are dependent on the nature of the issue. Lost luggage vs. stale peanuts is a good analogy. Also relevant is commentary about stuff which may go into a database for marketing consideration, but isn't really going to generate a response beyond, "sorry you didn't like the thread count in the hot towel, we hope to see you again soon - here's 25 SM."

Social media is great, but gumming it up with junk which either can't be fixed or dealt with immediately, simply puts the people who really could make use of real-time assistance, even further down the queue.

Without knowing the exact nature of OP's complaint, it's hard to remotely suggest that he has received anything but appropriate service.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Ah, Yes, the "I will share this with someone else who likely cares even less about the matter.... and you will not get a response anyway" non-response response.

In fairness, this is not a uniquely DL phenomenon. It's just the way "customer service" is heading in the USA.
Personally, I just can not wait to try the "express tram" in in DTW all the way from A to C.

Old May 26, 2017, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
wrt Rene's post above: I posted this pic in another thread this past week, but it obviously applies here as well
Attached Images  
Old May 27, 2017, 7:38 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Personally, I just can not wait to try the "express tram" in in DTW all the way from A to C.

https://twitter.com/Delta/status/867757389252096005
meh I can't get too upset about this, the guy was clearly angling for a porsche ride, he almost certainly knows his way around DTW.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Maybe but here is one of many examples https://twitter.com/Delta/status/868106025773264900
Frankly this sort of nonsense just clogs up the system for people who really do have an urgent and important issue. I suspect the OP's issue is similarly benign and trifling.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I have had two issues in the last two years with more or less the same sequence of events as the OP experienced. Once I had the initial reply with a "we'll get back to you soon" and never heard again. The other time I used the web box I didn't even get that. I followed up on one of my complaints two more times with no reply.

I shrugged off my complaints, but it's probably good to know that it is a hit-or-miss system at best.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvn
ok, what were you expecting from that example? Like, the twitter person would magically beam some fruit to your plane?
Rene, you kinda blew this question off, but I think it's really important because I honestly don't understand your feelings about @Delta.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ToledoRocket
Does it matter if it's matter if it's lost luggage or stale peanuts? Either way, you respond even if its as simple as an acknowledgement of your complaint. No response is not acceptable.
Yes, it matters very much.

As someone mentioned, with 120 million people flying a year, they get lots of feedback and complaints.

Some are downright stupid and not worth a response.
Some do not need a response.
Some are out of line.
Some are being worked on.
Some are just the result of flying.
Some may not get a response for legal or PR reasons.

and

SOME ARE ACTUALLY IMPORTANT and should be responded to.

No idea what the OP wrote in.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Got Fax (machine)?

I had a problem getting SM MQM credit for a flight taken during the "Great Disruption". After many emails and phone calls a DL rep said to try sending a fax. I sent the fax and the problem was corrected shortly thereafter.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
My experience

I had a delayed JAX-JFK flight last week. After 4 hours of MX delay, I jumped ship to connect through ATL. Got to NYC 6 hours late.

Wrote an email and within 3 days, I got a $150 travel credit and 25,000 skymiles.

I was pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.