Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is DL2549 MSP-BOS overbooked today? If so, my how much?

Old May 24, 2017, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum

Hi DL Insiders,

Can anyone help me with this? PMs are fine if that is preferred.

Regards,
TFD
Old May 24, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well based that the flight doesn't come up on DL or EF, it is zeroed out across the board. Same with 1529. Not sure if that helps since you're looking for oversell info, but since they aren't selling any more seats you can imply it is oversold.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
It is overbooked by 8. I received a nice PM from an insider. Thanks to all.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:52 am

How much were they giving out?
Old May 24, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lovefly88
How much were they giving out?
I take this flight a couple times a month and haven't ever managed to snag a voucher on it and not for lack of trying. I wonder what caused this particular one to be so over-sold...
Old May 24, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I take this flight a couple times a month and haven't ever managed to snag a voucher on it and not for lack of trying. I wonder what caused this particular one to be so over-sold...
My guess is that it's something to do with the runway construction at BOS creating delays this week. My SEA-BOS flight on Monday was delayed 5 hours, so there was a crowd of people moving from various SEA-MSP/SLC gates looking to get on standby.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Overbooked is a meaningless number. It's the oversell which matters. At a hub such as MSP, all it takes is one major connection from overseas or the West Coast being delayed and overbooked by 8 drops to undersold by 8.

DL has been remarkably good at predicting the actual oversell at the gate and that largely decreases the need to pay VDB.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Boston has been delayed due to runway, but it's also graduation season in Boston. If you think getting a flight is bad, try a hotel...
Old May 24, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
Boston has been delayed due to runway, but it's also graduation season in Boston. If you think getting a flight is bad, try a hotel...
Believe me, I know. I'm staying way out in Newton on my next trip, and then in some hole in the wall in Cambridge the week after that.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DL's Twitter will tell you if a flight is oversold.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:43 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
DL's Twitter will tell you if a flight is oversold.
But, they don't usually tell you by how many.

I had a flight last week that appeared to be sold out. I called, and was told that it WAS overbooked. I asked - by how many. I was told - "By a handful".

I called again a couple of hours later and was told - "By a few".

If you want to know how many it's overbooked/sold by, you need to know someone who has Deltanet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.