Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Adding Post-Purchase Comfort+, FC Upgrade Purchases

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gooselee
How post-purchase upgrades work: Based on Delta's announcement 24 May, anyone who purchases a ticket for coach can purchase a Comfort+ or First Class upgrade. No mention was made of Delta One. Upgrades are available as of 24 May via phone or web; app functionality is pending according to the airline. No mention of relative cost was provided.

Some further details here:Delta to Offer A Variety of Ways to Upgrade Tickets After Purchase

Link to Delta's press release: http://news.delta.com/delta-expands-...age-upgrades-0

Link to Delta.com page about the changes: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-upgrades.html

Partial T&Cs, emphases mine:

Terms and Conditions:

The advertised price is not an offer and is subject to change. No contract exists until you receive confirmation that payment was received and processed. Upgrades may only be purchased for Delta- or Delta Connection- operated flights and are not available for Award Tickets and certain discounted and exception fares. Additional eligibility restrictions may apply at Delta's sole discretion. All passengers within the confirmation number must be upgraded to Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+ TM, or First/Delta One fare classes. Fare rules of your initial reservation will apply regardless of whether rules that would otherwise apply to the fare class of your upgraded ticket are less restrictive, i.e. changeability/refundability. Upgraded tickets are eligible for additional mileage, Medallion Qualification Miles and Medallion Qualification Dollars accruals due to the selection of Delta Comfort+ TM or First/Delta One and associated fare classes, and the increase in base fare or carrier imposed surcharges paid in connection with your upgrade.
Print Wikipost

Delta Adding Post-Purchase Comfort+, FC Upgrade Purchases

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver

I got this for my award ticket (JFK-ZRH-JFK) that I paid 28,000 miles (roundtrip) for.
progapanda likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by samwise6222

I got this for my award ticket (JFK-ZRH-JFK) that I paid 28,000 miles (roundtrip) for.
Wow! I'd be all over that. Spectacular deal (IMO).
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
FCM at its finest. DL did this to F and we saw UG % for EUA’s go down. They used to protect J prices. Guess not anymore. Good luck with those GUC’s, turning into PMU’s all over again.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by samwise6222

I too see this offer for D1 for 835$ one-way for a January 2019 JFK-ZRH-JFK itinerary I'd bought on Skymiles during one of their flash sales.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:20 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by progapanda
I too see this offer for D1 for 835$ one-way for a January 2019 JFK-ZRH-JFK itinerary I'd bought on Skymiles during one of their flash sales.
which way?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Both actually - same price. JFK-ZRH or ZRH-JFK. D1 cabin looks about 60% full per the seatmap (I know that's not always accurate).

Originally Posted by pvn
which way?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tue-Thu Z fares on the route are currently $2215 roundtrip. No MQM earning on award ticket buy-ups.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
FCM at its finest. DL did this to F and we saw UG % for EUA’s go down. They used to protect J prices. Guess not anymore. Good luck with those GUC’s, turning into PMU’s all over again.
Since Delta isn't on ExpertFlyer and I don't want to play their guessing games and waitlists seemingly no matter the flight/time/etc I just use them on partner airlines. Wife and I flew to Europe and took KLM. We picked the days we wanted and instant GUC clearance. We were booked into J 8 months in advance.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
Tue-Thu Z fares on the route are currently $2215 roundtrip. No MQM earning on award ticket buy-ups.
Still a pretty solid price for D1
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Is there any way to 'force' a paid C+ upgrade online?

I booked a ticket a few weeks ago, and after booking I upgraded 3 of the 4 legs to C+ in the 'my trips' section on the website.

Now I'd like to do the same for the 4th leg, but I no longer see the option. On the seat map, the C+ seats (and F seats) are greyed out. But on a dummy booking, I can see there are some open.

I tried going to 'modify flight' to see if I could refare, but it says this itinerary is not changeable online.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Is there any way to 'force' a paid C+ upgrade online?

I booked a ticket a few weeks ago, and after booking I upgraded 3 of the 4 legs to C+ in the 'my trips' section on the website.

Now I'd like to do the same for the 4th leg, but I no longer see the option. On the seat map, the C+ seats (and F seats) are greyed out. But on a dummy booking, I can see there are some open.

I tried going to 'modify flight' to see if I could refare, but it says this itinerary is not changeable online.
Same here
you can only upgrade seat once it seems ? I went from economy to comfort . Now I’m thinking of premium select and it does not allow . Get answers from delta ?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Stocktc1
Same here
you can only upgrade seat once it seems ? I went from economy to comfort . Now I’m thinking of premium select and it does not allow . Get answers from delta ?
I ended up not having an eticket for my reservation, because something went wrong with it after I previously upgraded. I got that sorted and the upgrade option is back again.

Unfortunately no C+ seats left except middles now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.