Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Newbe

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Delta Newbe

I am a long time flyer with America West and US Airways which of course merged into AA. I lost my executive platinum status at the end of February 2017 and have called myself a free agent since then. I guess I am having some separation anxiety and still tend to fly AA, even when I have other choices. I still get upgraded a lot, but not always. On longer routes, I tend to buy F. The service on AA continues to go downhill and I am feeling like now it the time to try DL

I have a upcoming trip from PHX to ATL, a route that I seem to be traveling at least once a month. I intend to fly F on my upcoming trip. The flight I am eyeing is a 321. It will be dinner flight, and while I don't expect the food to be fantastic, I would like to get my choice. It's an odd numbered flight, and if FEBO is the service order, I guess I am better off in the back of the cabin? Sure, its a 4 hour flight all together, but for me I am jumping out of familiar territory. At the same time, I am ready to try something new and even try the skyclub that I will have access to with my AMEX.

Any tips or advice, generally or from people that fly this route?

Thanks....AA F/A's definitely don't lift a finger if they don't have too. Looking forward to seeing if DL really does love to fly (and if it shows)
Old May 23, 2017, 4:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Welcome to Delta!

Personally, I don't find FEBO to be very consistent. It seems to me that, they go front to back most of the time. I tend to sit toward the middle if I want to be sure of a meal choice.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Agreed with davetravels - I find FEBO to be hit or miss. That being said, I don't remember the last time they ran out of a meal choice on my flights. The A321s aren't ground breaking, so don't expect too much from the aircraft, but I find with the ATL FAs you'll get good service and a friendly smile (most of the time).

Enjoy the flight and let us know how it stacks up to AA!
Old May 23, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy

I have a upcoming trip from PHX to ATL, a route that I seem to be traveling at least once a month. I intend to fly F on my upcoming trip. The flight I am eyeing is a 321. It will be dinner flight, and while I don't expect the food to be fantastic, I would like to get my choice.
Order a special meal. You don't need a premium transcon (SFO/LAX-NYC) flight to do that on Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.