Wiki Posts
Search

Why am I being auto-upgraded to C+?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Why am I being auto-upgraded to C+?

PM here. Made two bookings today on corporate site.

Logged in to DL.com to find I had already been upgraded to C+. At first I thought all the new "enhancements" Checked my profile and saw the preference for auto-upgrade still correctly only set to first to avoid the middle seat.

Anyone else getting this or can suggest what I might be missing?

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Happened to me like 2 days ago as well, no idea why...
Old May 18, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Existing thread ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...upgrade-c.html

Seem's pretty clear to me that upgrade preferences in your profile only apply to flights booked directly on delta.com.
Probably true of other preferences as well (aisle vs. window). Note that you can now downgrade to Main Cabin from C+ through the website if you don't like your seat.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by royevans
PM here. Made two bookings today on corporate site.

Logged in to DL.com to find I had already been upgraded to C+. At first I thought all the new "enhancements" Checked my profile and saw the preference for auto-upgrade still correctly only set to first to avoid the middle seat.

Anyone else getting this or can suggest what I might be missing?

Thanks!
Did you book through some sort of corporate travel website?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Same thing just started happening to me. Booked through concur.

Hasn't happened in the past.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
See my signature for the reason.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Lots
This has been happening to me the past few weeks when booking through the Amex business engine. Fortunately there is a significant delay before it actually tickets so I can go to delta.com and deselect comfort plus. However if we can revert back to an exit row manually now instead of having to call in that's far less annoying.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Existing thread ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...upgrade-c.html

Seem's pretty clear to me that upgrade preferences in your profile only apply to flights booked directly on delta.com.
Probably true of other preferences as well (aisle vs. window). Note that you can now downgrade to Main Cabin from C+ through the website if you don't like your seat.
Corporate bookings used to honor your Delta.com C+ upgrade preferences, but yes, something seems to have changed recently.

Good to know you can downgrade now via the website. Do you simply select a non-C+ seat, or do you have to do something else?
Old May 18, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruckzac
Corporate bookings used to honor your Delta.com C+ upgrade preferences, but yes, something seems to have changed recently.

Good to know you can downgrade now via the website. Do you simply select a non-C+ seat, or do you have to do something else?
Just simply select a non-C+ seat. When I did it, it reset both requests to upgrade to C+ and upgrade to FC. So if you want to be eligible for FC upgrades, you need to go back and select that.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I wonder how often the time-of-request tiebreaker comes into play.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
Just simply select a non-C+ seat. When I did it, it reset both requests to upgrade to C+ and upgrade to FC. So if you want to be eligible for FC upgrades, you need to go back and select that.
Returning to Y w/o a call was a needed fix. Good.

Weird small bug in DL site (for me, curious if others have this?), that once I've requested C+ and get it, any previously open exit row seats (including the one I was probably in) disappear from the availables. If I were ever to want to move back, do I just pick a 'white' seat, then once that processes, the blue premium seats that aren't taken become visible again? Silly to have to do a two-step, but whocouldaknowed that DL's IT isn't always perfect.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Well, hopefully it's just another temporary bug, but as noted in this thread, seat maps are now not showing any open seats except in your current class of service.

So it doesn't currently appear possible to move back to Y after getting W(U)'d.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RaflW
Returning to Y w/o a call was a needed fix. Good.

Weird small bug in DL site (for me, curious if others have this?), that once I've requested C+ and get it, any previously open exit row seats (including the one I was probably in) disappear from the availables. If I were ever to want to move back, do I just pick a 'white' seat, then once that processes, the blue premium seats that aren't taken become visible again? Silly to have to do a two-step, but whocouldaknowed that DL's IT isn't always perfect.
If you need to do this in two steps, what happens if there aren't any regular white seats available to be selected?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by RaflW
...So it doesn't currently appear possible to move back to Y after getting W(U)'d.
I was able to do so yesterday after getting "upgraded" to a middle seat when I had to change a flight. Seat map looked 100% full post upgrade, so I figured I was just unlucky.

I checked back around 4 hours later and was able to select an exit window and someone else was apparently instantly "upgraded" into my previous C+ seat.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Happened to me as well. Middle Bulkhead seat. Gee thanks...what an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.