Delta's most senior ...

Old May 19, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
annnnnddd
I was thinking this thread had a good chance of going astray but I wasn't quite expecting something so elaborate and caustic.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
annnnnddd
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I was thinking this thread had a good chance of going astray but I wasn't quite expecting something so elaborate and caustic.
From gracious good wishes to petulant rehashing in only 12 posts.

But, then, this is FT.

Perhaps the mods will clean this up.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I was waiting for it to morph into Boeing vs Airbus...
Old May 19, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I was waiting for it to morph into Boeing vs Airbus...
You little Fokker
Old May 19, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Your people (PMNW) owe a huge debt of gratitude to both PMDL and the ex-TW F/As who worked tirelessly to put in place McCaskill Bond legislation that you were ultimately the beneficiary of. The career expectations, network, viability, capital position of DL was far superior in early 2008. DL didn't extend full occupational DOH out of the goodness of their heart, and I firmly believe had that not been in place they would love nothing more than making en example of how worthless "representation" and "protection" under your CBA in a change of control situation is. It's not fair that PMDL is bearing the brunt of your people's windfall yet so many PMNW are still bitter to this day when they hit the lotto and have had base earnings increase over 50% since the transaction closed and you transitioned to DL at-will terms in 11/2010 and your collective bargaining rights were "extinguished" (as the AFA eLines communications stated at the time).
Why bless your heart! Feeling better? I won't discuss that both groups had representatives to decide seniority order. The most fair thing was to go by date of hire.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 19, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
What travel or other benefits do retired FA's retain?
We do have travel benefits, but not worth it if you need to be somewhere. Retirees are the last to board a flt. As it should be. I've heard of talk that retirees should get better travel bennies. I disagree. No retiree should board before a paying passenger, that goes without saying. I also believe an active employee should board before a retiree. We're not on the seniority list any longer.

I'm like the rest of you. I fly multiple airlines, depending upon where I'm going. I don't use passes on Delta, quite frankly, I'd never get on.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 19, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by NWAFA
Happier trails, greener pastures, and friendlier skies to our #1 stew MaryAnn Brokaw.
She flies her last trip today.
Northwest Orient June 1, 1959 - Delta May 19, 2017

Our new #1 is Joan Prince Crandall.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Congratulations Joan, thanks for your many years of service!
Old May 19, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
We do have travel benefits, but not worth it if you need to be somewhere. Retirees are the last to board a flt. As it should be. I've heard of talk that retirees should get better travel bennies. I disagree. No retiree should board before a paying passenger, that goes without saying. I also believe an active employee should board before a retiree. We're not on the seniority list any longer.

I'm like the rest of you. I fly multiple airlines, depending upon where I'm going. I don't use passes on Delta, quite frankly, I'd never get on.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
I'd think you would have some luck flying Delta One in off seasons? I assume you get to fly in the premium cabin if space is available? I also see plenty of mid-week flights or Saturday flights that are not full.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

I'd think you would have some luck flying Delta One in off seasons? I assume you get to fly in the premium cabin if space is available? I also see plenty of mid-week flights or Saturday flights that are not full.
I don't know. I tried pass travel after I retired and the flats were full. Most of the domestic flying requires connecting through ATL. My target cities are LAX and NYC. My international flying is mostly West Africa.

It's just easier to buy pos space vs stnby.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 19, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't know. I tried pass travel after I retired and the flats were full. Most of the domestic flying requires connecting through ATL. My target cities are LAX and NYC. My international flying is mostly West Africa.

It's just easier to buy pos space vs stnby.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
If you purchase pos space in coach and there is space available in the premium cabin can employees be added to the upgrade list?
Old May 19, 2017, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

If you purchase pos space in coach and there is space available in the premium cabin can employees be added to the upgrade list?
Yes, if they are a frequent flier and have the status. I used my status to upgrade when I was an active employee.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Kudos to MaryAnn Brokaw for instilling amazing inflight service. Most senior FA have seen amazing inflight service, and can inspire others to providing the best service for us. Thanks MaryAnn and happy retirement.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Your people (PMNW) owe a huge debt of gratitude to both PMDL and the ex-TW F/As who worked tirelessly to put in place McCaskill Bond legislation that you were ultimately the beneficiary of. The career expectations, network, viability, capital position of DL was far superior in early 2008. DL didn't extend full occupational DOH out of the goodness of their heart, and I firmly believe had that not been in place they would love nothing more than making en example of how worthless "representation" and "protection" under your CBA in a change of control situation is. It's not fair that PMDL is bearing the brunt of your people's windfall yet so many PMNW are still bitter to this day when they hit the lotto and have had base earnings increase over 50% since the transaction closed and you transitioned to DL at-will terms in 11/2010 and your collective bargaining rights were "extinguished" (as the AFA eLines communications stated at the time).
Wow, you still have resentment regarding this merger. Care to expand on your involvement? In the meantime, to clarify: Sens. McCaskill and Bond introduced the statute largely in response to the treatment of TWA employees from their home state of Missouri. It was tacked on to an unrelated funding bill, and was never debated in committee. It would seem DL had nothing to do with the legislation. Gratitude to former TWA employees and the senators is fair. I would add the Association of Flight Attendants, who represented the PMNW flight attendants in the first interpretation of McCaskill-Bond. The merged company has done very well since, I would say in part because they seem to have embraced the strengths of both groups. Time for you to move on and up as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.