Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bergamini
I just got some 10% off rides for a few weeks due to an (allegedly) 5* rating.
Originally Posted by Zorak
Mine was 50% off up to max discount of $6.
No longer DL-related, but my 50% offer period ended today and was immediately replaced with 10% off next 10 rides (max $3 discount) until 2/26 Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż I don't use Lyft a lot, which may be part of the reason they're trying to incentivize me...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
No longer DL-related, but my 50% offer period ended today and was immediately replaced with 10% off next 10 rides (max $3 discount) until 2/26 Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż I don't use Lyft a lot, which may be part of the reason they're trying to incentivize me...
I lost mine. I'm a burster, I use it when I need it but don't otherwise and even when I take it from airport, I'm likely to stay near work site and walk like in NYC or Baltimore Inner Harbor so I'm not a ripe candidate to entice. I did get the 1K bonus points on an airport ride as a new partner last week despite the fact that they aren't a new partner for me, though I never earned that bonus before so IDK if that counts. But I think it's an error.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
On a recent Lyft ride from the airport (EWR) after a Delta flight, I earned 34 Skymiles, mean the base Lyft charge was $17 (2x), My total payment to Lyft was $38 before tips, or $42 before a Lyft coupon/credit. Does that mean only $25 ($42-$17) was taxes, surcharges, tolls, etc.?

Lyft used to breakdown the cost, but not any more it seems...
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a little over 5k skymiles, all from lyft rides (nothing against DL but they are not a very convenient choice out of SFO -- if they were, they would be my #1 airline).

I just took a look at my miles earning activity and it seems that for my non-airport rides I'm getting exactly 1 mile per dollar (rounded up, even). But for airport rides I'm getting significantly less than 2x. For example, I just had a $10.19 ride from SAN. I'd expect 20, 21, or 22 miles for that. But I got 14 miles. Looking a bit further back (and always excluding tip and pink discount)

$24.17 ride from SFO -- earned 40 miles
$30.63 ride from SFO -- earned 52 miles

Etc, etc.. they are all like this. Is there some airport fee or something that's not being included in the fare? From SFO I seem to earn (fare minus $4 or $5)x2. There is nothing on whether the confirmation email (either from Lyft, or in the history on the app) that shows a fee.. it just shows the whole fare.

I am getting a 15% discount due to lyft pink (thank you, CSR), 10x UR pts (thanks again, CSR), 2 DL miles, and 3 Hilton pts per dollar on airport rides... so I'm pretty happy, but, still... 8 miles is 8 miles!

If I remember my hilton password I'll check that earning too...

Last edited by VegasGambler; Feb 8, 2020 at 9:47 am
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I have a little over 5k skymiles, all from lyft rides (nothing against DL but they are not a very convenient choice out of SFO -- if they were, they would be my #1 airline).

I just took a look at my miles earning activity and it seems that for my non-airport rides I'm getting exactly 1 mile per dollar (rounded up, even). But for airport rides I'm getting significantly less than 2x. For example, I just had a $10.19 ride from SAN. I'd expect 20, 21, or 22 miles for that. But I got 14 miles. Looking a bit further back (and always existing tip and pink discount)

Etc, etc.. they are all like this. Is there some airport fee or something that's not being included in the fare? From SFO I seem to earn (fare minus $4 or $5)x2. There is nothing on whether the confirmation email (either from Lyft, or in the history on the app) that shows a fee.. it just shows the whole fare.
I’ve noticed this at LAX and I know there used to be fees there (before the ride share companies stopped breaking them out), though I didn’t think as much as I’ve been missing from the miles. So my guess is airport fees have gone up and the miles awarded are indeed on Lyft revenue, so excluding those airport charges.

Kinda leaves me worried if I’ve been under tipping though, since I can’t see the actual revenue to Lyft/the driver...
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

I just took a look at my miles earning activity and it seems that for my non-airport rides I'm getting exactly 1 mile per dollar (rounded up, even). But for airport rides I'm getting significantly less than 2x. For example, I just had a $10.19 ride from SAN. I'd expect 20, 21, or 22 miles for that. But I got 14 miles. Looking a bit further back (and always excluding tip and pink discount)

I am getting a 15% discount due to lyft pink (thank you, CSR), 10x UR pts (thanks again, CSR), 2 DL miles, and 3 Hilton pts per dollar on airport rides... so I'm pretty happy, but, still... 8 miles is 8 miles!

If I remember my hilton password I'll check that earning too...
Just got back from a trip to BOS and noticed the same thing on airport rides. Even though the ride history doesn't show the full price breakdown (unfortunately), when I subtract tolls and the airport pickup/dropoff fee, I get the correct number of miles earned.

Which makes sense because the little asterisk on the Delta/Lyft page says *Excludes taxes, fees, tolls and tips.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Question about the TIMING of Delta miles posting from Lyft rides. For comparison, it seems that Hilton points from Lyft rides reliably post to HH account about 3-4 days after the ride. Seems that Delta miles never post, until a week or two after I call Delta and ask them to submit their form for requesting the miles. I’ve confirmed with Lyft that both accounts are entered appropriately to my Lyft profile. Wondering what other’s experiences are. Thank you.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
My lyft miles usually post to SM before I get to the SkyClub.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mot29
My lyft miles usually post to SM before I get to the SkyClub.
Mine are usually instant too but I have 2 rides from Saturday that haven't posted yet.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My DL SkyMiles have alwayys posted instantly, as soon as I rate & tip. Until last Friday at midnight US/ EST. My 2 latest rides have not posted yet.
Hilton used to post the next morning until a couple of months ago. Now they usually take 2--3 days. I just got my points today from 2 Friday night rides. One arrived this morning, the other this afternoon.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Brendan
My DL SkyMiles have alwayys posted instantly, as soon as I rate & tip. Until last Friday at midnight US/ EST. My 2 latest rides have not posted yet.
Hilton used to post the next morning until a couple of months ago. Now they usually take 2--3 days. I just got my points today from 2 Friday night rides. One arrived this morning, the other this afternoon.
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. My 2 Saturday rides hadn't posted nearly-instantly and I was wondering
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. My 2 Saturday rides hadn't posted nearly-instantly and I was wondering
Like others, I've always received SkyMiles as soon as I rate and tip the Lyft driver. But I still don't have miles from my Lyft ride from late evening Friday PT or any since. Very odd.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JFKLAX321
Like others, I've always received SkyMiles as soon as I rate and tip the Lyft driver. But I still don't have miles from my Lyft ride from late evening Friday PT or any since. Very odd.
Same here. Glad it's not just me!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
Same here. Glad it's not just me!
still nothing from my Sunday ride. Has anyone gotten any miles yet?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by brazzleman
still nothing from my Sunday ride. Has anyone gotten any miles yet?
I'm missing several rides at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.