Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
Thanks, I didn't get the email but the code applied for me.
Same here. Thanks for the heads up @Zorak.
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I got the email, applied the code, and took a Lyft from MSP T2 last night (aka the Humphrey Terminal, home of SWA, Jet Blue and a few others). As usually happens, the Lyft miles posted to my DL account very quickly. But, incorrectly.

I only got 3X the dollar spend. The promotion says "any US airport" for 10X, and while Delta doesn't fly to/from T2, it is most certainly part of MSP. I have contacted Lyft support, and they say I have to wait 5 days to see if the bonus posts. I'm pretty sure it won't - I have had a previous T2 Lyft not ever get the usual 2X bonus but didn't follow up over 30 pesos. I would then need to call in to DL and reference a particular code to try to get my 161 extra miles.

I'll do it, mostly on principle, if the miles don't post. If they miraculously do, I'll follow up here.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
FWIW my ride to SFO yesterday posted correctly. Despite the fixed header saying 2x I did receive 10x on a $30 base fare.

I agree that any US airport should mean any US airport.

Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank-U, Zorak! I just registered & it also promises me 3x points on all other ( = non-airport) rides !
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
After my Post #124 above, I Googled the bonus & found that it applies only to DL partners from which one has not earned any Skymiles in the past year or so. So I ate at a Rewards Network restaurant (I had been stressing other airlines & hotel co.s,) then transferred 2000 Radisson points into 200 Skymiles, which earned me my 2500 bonus Skymiles permanently!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:10 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by pvn
Thanks, I didn't get the email but the code applied for me.
I did end up getting the email, just later than everyone else apparently
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Rode from DCA-home this morning after an AA flight and got the 10x bonus. Was curious whether the 10x would only apply to trips timed to DL flights.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Got the email. Took a Lyft from LAX to my office in Irvine.

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Zorak
Luckily i received this email in time to apply in the app before my trip to the airport this morning!
Thanks! Will surely choose lyft for my ride to the airport tomorrow.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
Rode from DCA-home this morning after an AA flight and got the 10x bonus. Was curious whether the 10x would only apply to trips timed to DL flights.
Im reasonably sure thats exactly the data Delta wants from this promo how often customers go to the airport and dont take a Delta flight!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Update: Got a 161 mile 'resolution' added to my account today and an email. But the underlying issue seems to persist. I took a Lyft from MSP T2 on Jan 5, and it only credited 1 SM per dollar, not the two is should from the airport. I am not going to pester DL for 23 miles, but it's cheap and slightly petty of them not to acknowledge that in fact T2 is part of one unified MSP airport.

I do 90% of my segments and greater than 95% of my BIS miles with Delta. Sure I fly SWA occasionally, but playing games with 25 to 40 miles a ride is silly of them.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
5x miles this weekend for Super Bowl promo (5x total I mean)

Originally Posted by hjz131
Very good guess, I spent $164 on Lyft. Perhaps 6am is not really a rush hour from SAN-LAX.
And why did Delta gave me 825 miles for that? It shows as a bonus of "5MPD Big Game ATL", no idea what that is.
I Googled and apparently there's a promo this weekend that they didn't bother notifying anyone about. But that made me check and I got 5x for my ride yesterday as well ^
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
5x miles this weekend for Super Bowl promo (5x total I mean)
I just got some 10% off rides for a few weeks due to an (allegedly) 5* rating. I've gotten that before but never ridden then. I have a few long Lyfts coming up (DCA> DT Baltimore). Have you gotten DL miles on discounted Lyfts?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
I just got some 10% off rides for a few weeks due to an (allegedly) 5* rating. I've gotten that before but never ridden then. I have a few long Lyfts coming up (DCA> DT Baltimore). Have you gotten DL miles on discounted Lyfts?
Mine was 50% off up to max discount of $6. I received 5x on the discounted price I actually paid, which makes sense.
bergamini likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:16 am Reason: Autocorrect damage
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Move was 50% off up to max discount of $6. I received 5x on the discounted price I actually paid, which makes sense.
You must be Lyft Titanium!
Zorak likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.