Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta partners with Lyft - Earn Skymiles for every Lyft ride

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Same here, missing 2-3 rides to airports.

That said, it’s not something worth thinking about too much. If they show up, great, if not, whatever.

I imagine most of us earn maybe 4000-5000 SM a year with this max. So, it’s just not worth thinking about beyond generally noting it.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
Same here, missing 2-3 rides to airports.

That said, it’s not something worth thinking about too much. If they show up, great, if not, whatever.

I imagine most of us earn maybe 4000-5000 SM a year with this max. So, it’s just not worth thinking about beyond generally noting it.
I use Lyft for airport rides a lot more than that.

I earned just over 5k last year and I didn't sign up until the end of May.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I use Lyft for airport rides a lot more than that.

I earned just over 5k last year and I didn't sign up until the end of May.
Ok, fair. Probably silly of me to put in an artificial number like I did.

That said - I think my point stands. Unless it is six figures worth of SM or more.... I think thinking about it beyond this thread is silly.
I see the miles I am not getting - I notice it in my SM Activity - but I’m certainly not doing anything about it.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Unhappy

I just checked my SkyMiles account, I have started getting miles again for my last 3 Lyft rides incl. one just 4 hours ago! But miles are still missing for 3 rides of Feb. 14, 15, & 20!
As WestCoastPDX writes above, it's not worth my time to chase a measly 36 miles. Maybe they will arrive by themselves later.
Gee, do we have a DL Lurker/ Rep on here? S/He can research why there was a 6-day stoppage for all of us!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Brendan
I just checked my SkyMiles account, I have started getting miles again for my last 3 Lyft rides incl. one just 4 hours ago! But miles are still missing for 3 rides of Feb. 14, 15, & 20!
As WestCoastPDX writes above, it's not worth my time to chase a measly 36 miles. Maybe they will arrive by themselves later.
Gee, do we have a DL Lurker/ Rep on here? S/He can research why there was a 6-day stoppage for all of us!
Thata so funny because it is identical to my situation. I'm missing several days of rides but got the miles for a ride from PDX yesterday. Weird.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Update: My miles from Feb 15 have just posted.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Nothing yet for my 2/16 and 2/20 rides. 2/24 and 2/27 rides posted instantly, as usual.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just checked my account for last night's rides. I got both + my 2 rides of Feb. 14--15. So now only one ride of Feb. 19 is still missing: 11 whopping SkyMiles!
So it looks like DL has fixed the glitch/ delay/ bug by themselves ! Or did a few of us complain on behalf of everybody ?
'
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've noticed that the majority of my airport pickup rides never code as double points. Does it have to be related to a Delta flight to count?

On another note, are there any other points/miles partnerships where you can earn via airport transportation?

I know of Hilton/Chase UR/Lyft (love the double dip)
Super Shuttle (long gone, any replacements?)
Uber points
taxis? limos? train rides?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I've noticed that the majority of my airport pickup rides never code as double points. Does it have to be related to a Delta flight to count?
Not that I've seen, although my last data point with this was a year ago. Going further back I even had a ride that began vaguely near an airport but well outside its boundaries that counted 2x.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any airport origin or destination. Airlines don't matter, even if you are not flying.

Do watch out for tolls and surcharges. You are getting double points on base fare only
​​​​​
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:13 pm

"Terms and conditions Starting June 30, 2021 you may only earn points or miles through your Lyft account with one travel partner rewards program at a time. You can change which travel partner rewards program you want to activate at any time in the Lyft App. If you do not make a selection by June 30, 2021, you will be defaulted to the travel partner you selected enrolled in first on June 30, 2021. Delta and Hilton partnership terms apply."
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by nall
"Terms and conditions Starting June 30, 2021 you may only earn points or miles through your Lyft account with one travel partner rewards program at a time. You can change which travel partner rewards program you want to activate at any time in the Lyft App. If you do not make a selection by June 30, 2021, you will be defaulted to the travel partner you selected enrolled in first on June 30, 2021. Delta and Hilton partnership terms apply."
Hmm, interesting decision. For non-airport rides, that makes it a choice of 1 Delta point vs 3 Hilton points per dollar. For airport rides, 2 Delta points vs 3 Hilton points.
I personally value Delta points about twice what I value Hilton points, so that would make Hilton a better choice for non-airport rides, and Delta better for airport rides. Not sure I am going to bother switching back and forth all the time though.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Any airport origin or destination. Airlines don't matter, even if you are not flying.

Do watch out for tolls and surcharges. You are getting double points on base fare only
​​​​​
However I thought tolls were included in base fare as long as they're required. I've never gotten a breakdown of toll vs fare when it was a required toll. (Ie using the CBBT to cross to VA from MD or when being picked up/dropped off at DFW)
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nall
where are you seeing this? I cant find it on Delta or Lyft's terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.