Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded a day after upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by ryan754
Not trying DYKNIA by all means. I purchased a product by a company that offered an upgraded product because of my status. I spent more on this product then another company. They revoked it from me. I asked to fly out of PHL without confirmed F. I think that's a fair resolution. In an Irrop situation I could fly out of PHL. My flight is now over sold. Waiting to get sent back to a middle Y seat lol.
End of the day it's no biggie at all. I just think it's fair to offer some sort of fair resolution.
I think fair is offering a refund, but good that it worked out for you. Here's some T&C you might be interested in:

Flight cancellation, substitution of equipment, or other irregular operations may result in the cancellation of confirmed upgrades. Delta's liability, if any, in the event of irregular operations is governed by the terms of its Contract of Carriage and shall be based upon the original fare purchased.
FWIW, LGA-ORD is typically RJ with no middle seats. Today and tomorrow are all E75.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bennos
I think fair is offering a refund, but good that it worked out for you.
True, but I thought there was some standard compensation for a revoked complimentary upgrade.

Me, I would have paid the extra $60 to lock it in, get a few more MQMs, and be protected for IROPS or SDC.

David
Old May 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
As bennos said, LGA-ORD is all tiny planes so honestly there isn't much difference between F and the back unless you want cold cereal on a morning flight or a soggy sandwich for lunch/dinner. Also, there is pretty much a flight every hour so not sure why you can't just change to one earlier/later.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
a couple years back I know DL had a policy of once upgraded as a medallion that in IRROPS of their fault they would keep you in F. Is this no longer the case?
Old May 15, 2017, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
a couple years back I know DL had a policy of once upgraded as a medallion that in IRROPS of their fault they would keep you in F. Is this no longer the case?
I know the PMDL policy was that you would be rebooked into a full Y fare during irrops. This would almost always put you at the top of the upgrade list. They used to protect you on another flight in case something happened to your original flight. Those days are long gone unfortunately.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I know the PMDL policy was that you would be rebooked into a full Y fare during irrops. This would almost always put you at the top of the upgrade list. They used to protect you on another flight in case something happened to your original flight. Those days are long gone unfortunately.
This was after merger. I didn't fly DL till after the two airlines were one.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before wasting his time on multiple calls and given that OP apparently doesn't have DL status according to his profile, why not check for the possibility of a cheap F fare on UA. If you can find something at the same price or possibly even cheaper, just cancel the DL ticket for a full refund and purchase the UA ticket.

As to rebooking, had OP wanted to remain on the route and stay in F, OP could have course have SDC'd to any flight with F seats on that Shuttle route, even though DL would likely have rebooked him into an F seat anyway.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Often1
Before wasting his time on multiple calls and given that OP apparently doesn't have DL status according to his profile, why not check for the possibility of a cheap F fare on UA. If you can find something at the same price or possibly even cheaper, just cancel the DL ticket for a full refund and purchase the UA ticket.

As to rebooking, had OP wanted to remain on the route and stay in F, OP could have course have SDC'd to any flight with F seats on that Shuttle route, even though DL would likely have rebooked him into an F seat anyway.
OP previously stated:
Medellian upgrade at purchase. 60 more for F but why pay $60 when its available right away.
so clearly he has Medallion status, and couldn't SDC into F on another flight.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Haven't updated my ft profile for years. I'm a PM with Delta. End of the day I'm satisfied with the agent bending some rules for me. I didn't pay for F. Because I already had it and didn't plan to SDC as for EQMs I rarely fly Delta so status doesn't matter. Somehow I manage to still achieve DM and PM yearly.
I wish they would have notified me nonetheless. AA was cheaper at the booking time. All is good now.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
True, but I thought there was some standard compensation for a revoked complimentary upgrade.
That's what I thought as well... this happened to me back in March on EWR-MSP (the day after a storm) - upgrade cleared a few days prior then due to some kind of computer glitch (not an equipment change) they ended up with a dupe for my seat (and the other customer was paid F) so I got booted. Was told that standard compensation for a "revoked upgrade" was a $200 voucher. I didn't ask about reroute as I 1) couldn't be flexible and 2) being the day after a storm nothing was available anyway but not dissatisfied with the compensation given the circumstances. FWIW I did go to the top of the u/g list after it happened
Old May 16, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by ryan754
I rarely fly Delta so status doesn't matter. Somehow I manage to still achieve DM and PM yearly.
This is one of the odder posts I have ever seen here......

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.