Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic Upgrade to C+

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PDXLexus
... from the Delta website: "Delta Comfort+ gives you space, with up to 3 more inches...." If Comfort+ only has an additional half inch, they've met the terms of the offer.
that's to legitimize Row 1 on the CRJ-200
Old May 16, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Same thing happened to me last week on Concur - moved me to a middle C+ seat - ugh. Went into my Concur profile today and noticed that I had specified "forward" seat section. I changed that to "don't care" hoping that this was the issue. Booked a ticket today. 5 minutes after my "invoice" came thru from Concur, I went on Delta.com and I had been moved to C+.

Delta should not allow outside programs to over-write preferences.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Same thing happened to me last week:

Booking channel (Concur)
- Status (Plat)
- C+ upgrade box not checked off.
- Whether your flights showed "UG available" on the flight selection screens at booking, (yes)
- Outcome: Some flights were 4 legs RT and I hated to but I called Delta, informed them that this was happening more than once, and they stated they would run it up the flagpole. As I was saying I left some c+ seats and had them change others for the exit row.

Glad to know I am not the only one. Am I correct that this is a concur thing?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Steven NH/BOS
Glad to know I am not the only one. Am I correct that this is a concur thing?
Seems like it's at least multiple corporate portals. Same thing happened to me using Egencia.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The automatic upgrade happened to me on the Delta website, not Concur.

Booking channel: Delta.com
Upgrade box checked.
Upgrade to C+ showed as available.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The automatic upgrade happened to me on the Delta website, not Concur.

Booking channel: Delta.com
Upgrade box checked.
Upgrade to C+ showed as available.
Working as intended
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Is this normal? My wife is GM:
- Flight is in less than 48 hours.
- C+ upgrade box checked.
- Flight showing 14 C+ seats available in the app upgrade list
- With a new dummy booking for the same flight, booking a seat on the same flight says "Upgrade available" to C+
- Tried unchecking and rechecking the C+ request upgrade box, still in main cabin
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you click on the seatmap and pick a C+ seat with a price of FREE?

Call DL. If it says "upgrade available" (although I still would argue that C+ isn't a real upgrade), a supervisor should be able to "upgrade" you manually.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you click on the seatmap and pick a C+ seat with a price of FREE?

Call DL. If it says "upgrade available" (although I still would argue that C+ isn't a real upgrade), a supervisor should be able to "upgrade" you manually.
All the seats in C+ and F are greyed out.

I called and the agent said the upgrade sweep is probably just running a little slow. He acknowledged the issue but said to call back in the morning (when check-in opens). Still seems odd to me when the dummy booking shows upgrade available. Maybe the issue is the dummy booking is a revenue ticket but my wife's ticket is an award?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
All the seats in C+ and F are greyed out.

I called and the agent said the upgrade sweep is probably just running a little slow. He acknowledged the issue but said to call back in the morning (when check-in opens). Still seems odd to me when the dummy booking shows upgrade available. Maybe the issue is the dummy booking is a revenue ticket but my wife's ticket is an award?
Call again and be aware that it seems to require a supervisor to force the upgrade in such cases.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Call again and be aware that it seems to require a supervisor to force the upgrade in such cases.
This was good advice, thank you MSPeconomist.

The second agent was extremely dismissive ("upgrades aren't guaranteed", "just because seats are available doesn't mean you'll clear within your upgrade window", etc.). I immediately ask for a supervisor and she agreed it was odd that a GM couldn't get a C+ upgrade with 14 seats available just 36 hours before the flight.

She connected with someone in RM and was able to manually move her up to C+, as you noted. Her new class is SW. That's correct, right?

I'm probably sitting in her seat (will let her take the F upgrade), and I'm tall so C+ is actually valuable to me!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I have had problems with automatic upgrades (F in my case as PM since C+ is at booking) when the window opens up during a weekend in which they are doing schedule and/or IT updates
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
She connected with someone in RM and was able to manually move her up to C+, as you noted. Her new class is SW. That's correct, right?
C+ upgrades were WU when they originally started calling them upgrades, then became SU at some point after a fare class realignment. SW would be something new...
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
C+ upgrades were WU when they originally started calling them upgrades, then became SU at some point after a fare class realignment. SW would be something new...
I've never seen SW before either.

Interestingly, I'm not able to select any other seat for my wife in C+. She is in C+ now but I get this error message trying to pick anything else:

"You currently have a special service request in your reservation that prohibits the selection of an exit row seat. Please select an alternate seat."

She has a lap infant on her ticket, and I know she can't sit on the left side of a CRJ-900 (due to the air masks), but what's weird is that Delta is restricting her from every other seat on the right side of rows (5-9). Not sure why, but that would explain why the C+ upgrade never went through automatically.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:20 pm

I've never seen SW before either.

Interestingly, I'm not able to select any other seat for my wife in C+. She is in C+ now but I get this error message trying to pick anything else:

"You currently have a special service request in your reservation that prohibits the selection of an exit row seat. Please select an alternate seat."

She has a lap infant on her ticket, and I know she can't sit on the left side of a CRJ-900 (due to the air masks), but what's weird is that Delta is restricting her from every other seat on the right side of rows (5-9). Not sure why, but that would explain why the C+ upgrade never went through automatically.
She definitely cannot sit in an exit row with a lap kid or in fact when traveling with anyone under 15, whether or not on the same PNR etc. Evben if you're going to swap seats and the baby ultimately won't be in the exit row, neither of you is eligible for an exit row seat if there's a child traveling with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.