Wiki Posts
Search

SLC Domestic Redeyes

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
SLC Domestic Redeyes

Random-ish question. I know DL has domestic redeyes from SLC to ATL, JFK, and BOS. Is that it, or are there other domestic redeyes from SLC?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
MCO and BWI as well I think
Old May 10, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are others than just JFK, ATL and BOS.

www.flightstats.com
advanced search
by airport
departures for SLC by Delta
<enter>
show codeshares = No

Be sure to check both before and after midnight.

Last edited by 3Cforme; May 10, 2017 at 10:28 am
Old May 10, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I Booked SLC-BWI Two Weeks in the Future

DL uses an A320 with 16 F seats. Leaves 2245 MDT and arrives 0500 EDT. I would imagine that the actual flying time is 3:30-3:45, which is within a few minutes of the time between LAX and ATL in the air.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's also a seasonal red-eye on SLC-DTW that departs after midnight. It operates around Christmas and from mid-February to April.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ND76
DL uses an A320 with 16 F seats. Leaves 2245 MDT and arrives 0500 EDT. I would imagine that the actual flying time is 3:30-3:45, which is within a few minutes of the time between LAX and ATL in the air.
one of the most brutal flights in the system. Especially since 5am at BWI means waiting forever for anything (train, car rental etc)
Old May 10, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by suvayanr
one of the most brutal flights in the system. Especially since 5am at BWI means waiting forever for anything (train, car rental etc)
Boston flights are a close 2nd, We left at 10:55pm and landed at 4:35am (we had strong tailwinds, which doesn't help.)
Old May 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Yep, there's also an SLC-MCO red eye I've ended up on before when Delta pulled the Seattle direct seasonally. It, too, gets in super early to Orlando - which in that case is actually convenient since it lets you have a full day at a Disney park if that's your jam.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Short red eyes are awful. These are definitely up there, but the SEA-MSP redeye is still a contender for worst in the system; at a 3h15 minute block time (1h shorter than SLC-BWI/BOS) and a nearly 1am departure time, it's basically the worst of everything.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
Short red eyes are awful. These are definitely up there, but the SEA-MSP redeye is still a contender for worst in the system; at a 3h15 minute block time (1h shorter than SLC-BWI/BOS) and a nearly 1am departure time, it's basically the worst of everything.
Having taken this flight many times to go to school in the 80's, I must second the SEA-MSP redeye as the nation's worst flight. AA used to have a PHX-DFW redeye that was equally bad.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Back in the NW days, there was a LAX-MEM redeye that was awful as well, even in first class. It was an A320.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Man, I've done that SEA-MSP redeye so many times and it is indeed, awful. I'm mostly useless the next day, even in F.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you want to look at Delta redeyes - excluding intercontinental but not all international - look at LAX. Pilot motto: We own the night.

CMH
IND
JFK
MCO
ATL
DTW
GUA
LIR
ATL (2)
SJO
MSP

all between 10:30PM and 12:30am.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:06 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'll join the chorus on this one. Before the SEA-BOS overnight nonstop was available, I had to take SEA-MSP-BOS more than once as an overnight routing. Brutal, brutal, brutal. Not enough time to sleep on the first leg, a connection in MSP at 0 dark 30 body clock time, no real chance to sleep on the second leg either...these should come with "combat pay" bonus MQMs.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
AA does some weird ones also...

AA1644, DFW-RDU, 12:12a - 3:50a, E190
AA1744, DFW-LGA, 1:30a - 5:55a, E190.

Yuck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.