Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta's revamped 777s will have just 28 J seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's revamped 777s will have just 28 J seats

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 8:24 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I only have experience with AF's PE product and I would do the same. I'll have to see Delta's setup in the flesh but I'd probably agree.

Again, with AF it seems to be 50-100% premium over coach. Towards the lower end I'd bite, towards the upper probably not. Depends a bit on the MQM bonus as well . A while back I got rerouted on CDG-LAX with the 10 across 777. Happily sprung for $370 at OLCI for a window PE for the 11 hour flight.
The MQM earning will be 150%.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AF PE has better meal choices than coach. Will DL do the same? What about beverage choices?
It seems as though the meals will at least be to domestic first standard along with some named wines.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AF PE has better meal choices than coach. Will DL do the same? What about beverage choices?
All of the marketing has indicated that the entire soft product will be upgraded from coach. I don't think the meals will be at D1 quality but probably domestic first. Perhaps liquor will be at D1 quality as it would be a lot to stock 3 different categories, but maybe they will.

The website says:

"When you spend a lot of time in the air, your meals matter. That’s why Delta Premium Select offers plated meals that will be served on beautifully designed Alessi flatware and service ware beginning April 2017. You can also enjoy complimentary wine, beer and spirits in fine stemware, plus Starbucks® coffee and tea service.

Enjoy seasonal, regional meals, inspired by Delta destinations from around the globe. Served on beautifully designed Alessi service ware.

DRINKS

With select wines, craft beers and premium spirits, you’ve got a selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages. After dinner, enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or Starbucks® coffee service."
Old May 22, 2017, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
All of the marketing has indicated that the entire soft product will be upgraded from coach. I don't think the meals will be at D1 quality but probably domestic first. Perhaps liquor will be at D1 quality as it would be a lot to stock 3 different categories, but maybe they will.

The website says:

"When you spend a lot of time in the air, your meals matter. That’s why Delta Premium Select offers plated meals that will be served on beautifully designed Alessi flatware and service ware beginning April 2017. You can also enjoy complimentary wine, beer and spirits in fine stemware, plus Starbucks® coffee and tea service.

Enjoy seasonal, regional meals, inspired by Delta destinations from around the globe. Served on beautifully designed Alessi service ware.

DRINKS

With select wines, craft beers and premium spirits, you’ve got a selection of complimentary alcoholic beverages. After dinner, enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or Starbucks® coffee service."
I wonder whether DL realized that if Premium Service is abbreviated as P.S., it will sound a lot like the old UA transcon p.s., which I think also stood for premium service but seems to have just been called p.s. [Now UA is calling their special premium cabin flights between EWR and LAX/SFO coastal something.]
Old May 24, 2017, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Has anyone noticed that Delta is spending a lot of time and money marketing its new premium-economy product, albeit mostly through internal channels like the website, in-flight TV screens and so forth? I say that because, to my knowledge, we still have no drop-dean date on when Delta will officially launch the A350.

To me, there is no reason to buy premium-economy when presumably there is a chance that you may only receive economy comfort-plus in October, November, December and into early 2018.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
To me, there is no reason to buy premium-economy when presumably there is a chance that you may only receive economy comfort-plus in October, November, December and into early 2018.
If someone purchased premium economy and were instead seated in a C+ seat, Delta would owe that pax a refund of the difference.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
If someone purchased premium economy and were instead seated in a C+ seat, Delta would owe that pax a refund of the difference.
Would they? Comfort-plus and premium-economy are both W-class, right? How is that any different than booking J expecting standard 1x2x1 only to receive 2x2 because Delta doesn't fly international aircraft to Iceland or Scotland?
Old May 24, 2017, 4:27 pm
C W

Would they? Comfort-plus and premium-economy are both W-class, right? How is that any different than booking J expecting standard 1x2x1 only to receive 2x2 because Delta doesn't fly international aircraft to Iceland or Scotland?
Delta Premium Select will be sold under P A G fare codes. It is also marketed as a completely different product than C+. Somebody can expect whatever they want, but Delta is perfectly clear about what product you will receive rather flying to Iceland or booking any other product.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:02 am

OT, I know, but since MSP and Jrl and others and I were discussing in this thread,wanted to share. I think DL may have been listening!
DL to offer Prosecco and dry rosé on domestic flights!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:33 am
C W

OT, I know, but since MSP and Jrl and others and I were discussing in this thread,wanted to share. I think DL may have been listening!
DL to offer Prosecco and dry rosé on domestic flights!
Solid improvement!

Free Prosecco in C+ and international Main Cabin is a great offering.

Also, interesting to see that they'll be offering Macallan 12 in D1 a few years after eliminating Glenlivet 12 from all cabins. At that age I'd rather drink bourbon though.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Depends on what prosecco.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:25 am
C W

Originally Posted by pvn
Depends on what prosecco.
Avissi or La Marca based on the flight.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C W
Avissi or La Marca based on the flight.
Isn't that what is served as a pre-departure beverage in Delta business-class on international flights? It annoys me that they don't serve real champagne as a pre-departure beverage, as most of the flight attendants won't tell most passengers that it isn't real champagne. Also, most passengers don't seem to know there is real champagne available once in-flight.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:57 pm
C W

Isn't that what is served as a pre-departure beverage in Delta business-class on international flights? It annoys me that they don't serve real champagne as a pre-departure beverage, as most of the flight attendants won't tell most passengers that it isn't real champagne. Also, most passengers don't seem to know there is real champagne available once in-flight.
I'm not sure what exactly the D1 PDB sparkling wine is, but it's nasty.

Still, even if they are the same, I think complimentary sparkling wine of any kind in domestic C+ is pretty impressive, even if just from an optics standpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.