Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any resistance to SDC in Premium Cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any resistance to SDC in Premium Cabin?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
What if I want to SDC from a B717 A fare to a CRJ2 with no F cabin? They will never have an A fare on that plane. It's a theoretical possibility next week though I'm doing all I can to avoid a CRJ2.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bergamini
What if I want to SDC from a B717 A fare to a CRJ2 with no F cabin? They will never have an A fare on that plane. It's a theoretical possibility next week though I'm doing all I can to avoid a CRJ2.
IME it's possible but will possibly involve a few HUCAs and then lots of typing by the agent.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:07 pm

I will put in a plug for @Delta. They have never failed me...SDC goes through without issue. Just tell them the new flights you want and it is done.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
Originally Posted by emrdoc
I will put in a plug for @Delta. They have never failed me...SDC goes through without issue. Just tell them the new flights you want and it is done.
I did SDC twice recently. First time on Twitter, and it worked, but they didn't respond for 3 hours. Second time over the phone, and it worked, it took about 15 minutes. I had my new flight numbers ready for them. The Change Flights option at OLCI did not show me the flights I wanted.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emrdoc
Ultimately, I agree. For me, as a Plat "only", SDC may be more valuable from a monetary and convenience standpoint than upgrades that rarely materialize.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by bergamini
Ultimately, I agree. For me, as a Plat "only", SDC may be more valuable from a monetary and convenience standpoint than upgrades that rarely materialize.
this, this, and this again ... I tend to book close-in, when few if any C+ seats (never mind decent ones) tend to be available, and the ability to SDC to any flight(s) with available front cabin seats rather than underlying inventory is a priceless benefit
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Extremely frustrated. Supposed to fly SEA-ATL-BHM using RUC, wanted to SDC to another flight with first class seats available for both legs. Multiple supervisors declined this request, notes were written on my profile and then I was escalated further to a third level (supervisor's supervisor) and she reiterated the same thing. I ended up caving and just letting them rebook me in main cabin and waitlist because I had to get home. But this was extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Any recourse or advice? I wish Delta had better training on this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:17 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Has your ticket been reissued?

File a complaint, call back and site the rules on the website.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Yes it was reissued and was listed as RY for both segments.

I probably will list a complaint, but do you have more direct verbiage I can use. I cited the information upthread about how if a first class seat is available then the fare class does not matter but the 3rd level supervisor said she was looking at the same page and that was not correct since it was an RUC.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
ticketed BWI-JFK-SEA Sunday morning: BWI-JFK in K (CRJ-200 with no F cabin), JFK-SEA in A ... phone agent moved me over to earlier BWI-MSP-SEA but said the first leg was in Main Cabin ... uh, no, it's a thru fare, both segments have F seats available... she had to check w supervisor, came back on the line to say I was in F ... uh, no, "RU" isn't the same as A

still waiting to see if it gets fixed
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
ticketed BWI-JFK-SEA Sunday morning: BWI-JFK in K (CRJ-200 with no F cabin), JFK-SEA in A ... phone agent moved me over to earlier BWI-MSP-SEA but said the first leg was in Main Cabin ... uh, no, it's a thru fare, both segments have F seats available... she had to check w supervisor, came back on the line to say I was in F ... uh, no, "RU" isn't the same as A

still waiting to see if it gets fixed
Technically it's only a first class ticket for flights that you confirm in F at purchase. While a thru fare, it was a coach ticket for BWI-JFK and a first class ticket JFK-SEA. You purchased K, not A for the first flight. Agent went ahead and moved you to F, but technically you don't qualify for bonus MQM on first segment (which I assume is why you're concerned about RU VS A class).
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Yes it was reissued and was listed as RY for both segments.

I probably will list a complaint, but do you have more direct verbiage I can use. I cited the information upthread about how if a first class seat is available then the fare class does not matter but the 3rd level supervisor said she was looking at the same page and that was not correct since it was an RUC.
Check out this post from the SDC thread:

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Relax -- it's not actually true. Just another example of phone agents making s**t up as they please. I wrote in after reading this thread earlier this week, and just got a response a few hours ago:

Dear [taxicabnumber],

RE: Case Number [XXXXXXXX]

Thank you for your email describing the problem you have experienced
when making a Same Day Confirmed change to an itinerary upgraded with
SkyMiles or Upgrade Certificate.

Indeed, your understanding is correct. Although Complimentary Upgrades
do not carry forward on a Same Day Confirmed change, upgrades with
SkyMiles or Upgrade Certificates are honored as long as there is
available inventory in the forward cabin, regardless of the original
ticketed class of service.

I will be happy to forward your suggestion for a clarified explanation
on our website but in the meantime should you encounter this problem
again, ask the agent to contact the Global Ticketing Support Desk for
assistance.

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to your concern.
We very much appreciate your Diamond Medallion loyalty to Delta and look
forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

[name redacted]
Diamond Desk
delta.com
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DiverDave
<br /><br />Check out this post from the SDSC thread:<br /><br />
Unreadable. Perhaps post a link to the specific post instead.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Technically it's only a first class ticket for flights that you confirm in F at purchase. While a thru fare, it was a coach ticket for BWI-JFK and a first class ticket JFK-SEA. You purchased K, not A for the first flight. Agent went ahead and moved you to F, but technically you don't qualify for bonus MQM on first segment (which I assume is why you're concerned about RU VS A class).
I have had these kind of conversations with DL for about five years, and the best descriptor that comes to mind is "consistently inconsistent" ... sometimes it works fine, sometimes it's fixed in real time, sometimes it goes elliptical ...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
Extremely frustrated. Supposed to fly SEA-ATL-BHM using RUC, wanted to SDC to another flight with first class seats available for both legs. Multiple supervisors declined this request, notes were written on my profile and then I was escalated further to a third level (supervisor's supervisor) and she reiterated the same thing. I ended up caving and just letting them rebook me in main cabin and waitlist because I had to get home. But this was extremely time consuming and cumbersome. Any recourse or advice? I wish Delta had better training on this.
I have cited the rules to the website, asked for the "Global Ticketing Support Desk" which I get told "if it was an international flight this would be correct but this isnt an international flight" and each time it takes at least 3 phone calls......it is the most misunderstood rule of phone agents.....if you have cleared a RUC you can SDC as long as there is a seat in the premium cabin....and I have heard EVERY excuse in the book for why you can't......the Supervisors are more clueless than the Reps so good luck with that......I am a big Delta fan but the RUC SDC situation makes me want to loose my mind! Good luck complaining......when you complain you get someone from Corporate Customer Care and these folks have no clue about reservations at all......my last 2 SDC RUC complaints the phone call I got the person was clueless.....I tried to educate and realized quickly that was going nowhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.