Account weirdness today

Old May 7, 17, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Was DM in 2016, PM in 2017. I'm lucky if I make silver in 2018. Yet right now, my 2018 status shows DM.
Old May 7, 17, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM
Back down to plat for now, rollover MQMs still not sorted though.
Old May 7, 17, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Bumped back down to previous level:
Old May 7, 17, 9:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
Back to Platinum but rollover miles not correct.
Old May 7, 17, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Like others I received a 2nd bump earlier today and now have an extra 30K of rollover MQMs. Unlike others these have not yet been clawed back (ssshhh) but in any case I legitimately earned DM for 2017 and still haven't selected my Choice Benefits yet anyway since I haven't needed any of them yet.

Shrug. As long as they don't screw anything up when they eventually take back the 30K I don't really care.
Old May 8, 17, 12:06 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Like others I received a 2nd bump earlier today and now have an extra 30K of rollover MQMs. Unlike others these have not yet been clawed back (ssshhh) but in any case I legitimately earned DM for 2017 and still haven't selected my Choice Benefits yet anyway since I haven't needed any of them yet.

Shrug. As long as they don't screw anything up when they eventually take back the 30K I don't really care.
I suggest you go back and check your Dec 31 activity. The extra boosts have likely been removed (and your MM balance reduced). It's only the rollover MQM amount they have yet to correct. It is also reflected in this year's MQM balance total which has yet to update.

And.. I just logged out and logged back in and now my rollover MQM and MQM balance have been corrected.

Last edited by LBJ; May 8, 17 at 12:14 am
Old May 8, 17, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Ah, indeed, upon logout/login everything has been corrected now. (Well, the numbers I know about, anyway -- I am far enough away from MM that I don't pay strict attention to it )
Old May 8, 17, 1:56 am

Seems like much has been repaired:

- MQM balance back to where it was prior to this weekend
- MM balance went up by 30K with the phantom increases; now only 15K of those miles taken away. I don't care where this ends up since am within 75k of 1MM anyway
- I made a choice benefits election for $200 Delta travel certificate and that is still in my account. However, I will be hitting the Platinum threshold in 2 weeks anyway, so no real difference if they take it back. I would get it again in 2 weeks. I would guess that they would not let me select another choice benefit when i "reearn" (or is it "really earn") Platinum. Doubt there will be any double dipping going on here. If Delta does allow me to have TWO $200 travel certificates, I will take them. [moral police, feel free to give your thoughts]
- even though the MQM issue has been fixed, according to delta.com I remain a Platinum Medallion for 2018 with about 73k miles earned

So in total, where am I "ahead" as of now, pending more fixes:
1. Platinum Medallion for 2018; what does this mean to me - nothing, since I will get that anyway
2. 15K additional miles toward 1MM miles (all else on accrual was changed)
3. platinum choice benefit made; chance to double dip when "actually" qualify by hitting 75k threshold. More likely, they'; either take the benefit back, or when I reach Platinum threshold, the website will indicate that my Choice Benefit has been selected

Lastly, what is the best possible benefit to me?
Assuming that I won't get to double dip on choice benefits seeing that as highly unlikely, perhaps an extra 15K miles toward MM based on where it all stands now.
Old May 8, 17, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by FlyFromDTW View Post
Seems like much has been repaired:

- MQM balance back to where it was prior to this weekend
- MM balance went up by 30K with the phantom increases; now only 15K of those miles taken away. I don't care where this ends up since am within 75k of 1MM anyway
- I made a choice benefits election for $200 Delta travel certificate and that is still in my account. However, I will be hitting the Platinum threshold in 2 weeks anyway, so no real difference if they take it back. I would get it again in 2 weeks. I would guess that they would not let me select another choice benefit when i "reearn" (or is it "really earn") Platinum. Doubt there will be any double dipping going on here. If Delta does allow me to have TWO $200 travel certificates, I will take them. [moral police, feel free to give your thoughts]
- even though the MQM issue has been fixed, according to delta.com I remain a Platinum Medallion for 2018 with about 73k miles earned

So in total, where am I "ahead" as of now, pending more fixes:
1. Platinum Medallion for 2018; what does this mean to me - nothing, since I will get that anyway
2. 15K additional miles toward 1MM miles (all else on accrual was changed)
3. platinum choice benefit made; chance to double dip when "actually" qualify by hitting 75k threshold. More likely, they'; either take the benefit back, or when I reach Platinum threshold, the website will indicate that my Choice Benefit has been selected

Lastly, what is the best possible benefit to me?
Assuming that I won't get to double dip on choice benefits seeing that as highly unlikely, perhaps an extra 15K miles toward MM based on where it all stands now.
Why don't you people just post a check list of things Delta has or hasn't corrected yet, so they know what else they need to rectify.

Ohh Wait....
Old May 8, 17, 5:19 am

After logging in and out of both my desktop and my phone app, my Delta status/numbers are completely different on both. Guess they have more work to do.

And anyone who thinks we're giving this all away to Delta - they will figure stuff like this out whether they're reading this or not. They knew all this was happening hours before this thread even started, I'd guess.
Old May 8, 17, 5:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
MQMs are fixed. Status is fixed for 2017 back to PM, but while I am close to earning PM for 2018, it already says I have it. I redeemed by DM choice benefits yesterday. They are still in my wallet.
Old May 8, 17, 6:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Another data point from me. MQMs are correct again like everyone else, and I'm back down to Platinum. However my 8 RUCs, 25,000 bonus miles, 8 drink vouchers, and SkyClub membership are all still available. Everyday that passes I get a little more hopeful that we will get lucky and get to keep our choice benefits. Since this happened to a fairly specific group, and I would guess the majority didn't select their choice benefits in time before they were rolled back, maybe DL just says screws it, let them keep em.
Old May 8, 17, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Rats. Delta pulled back the extra 60,000 rollover MQMs that were incorrectly posted to my account this weekend. Hard to complain when the current number is the correct one.
Old May 8, 17, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by GatorBlues View Post
Rats. Delta pulled back the extra 60,000 rollover MQMs that were incorrectly posted to my account this weekend. Hard to complain when the current number is the correct one.
Oddly, I got the "DM Status is Yours" e-mail in the wee hours of this a.m.

But my 20K MQMs have been restored, and I am back to having a 2018 status of Silver Medallion. All is as it should be for my account.

I wonder if we will get any sort of follow-up e-mail.

David
Old May 8, 17, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Another data point: My numbers are back today, as well. Still have the SC membership and extra drink chits in My Wallet, but whatever. DM Choice Benefit options are no longer available.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: